This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

​Netflix always kills the game when it comes to developing binge-worthy shows. Check out these seven shows that will have you ignoring homework for days.

1. Stranger Things​

Actually very strange… but so intruiging you’ll finish all eight episodes in one sitting. The show explores the possibility of alternate dimensions and alien like creatures while taking you back to the good old 1980s. 

2. The OA

Again, so strange. A young woman returns home after going missing many years ago. All we know is she has weird scars on her back and she wants nothing more than to return to where she came from. 

3. The Crown 

So interesting. It tells the story of young Queen Elizabeth and how she inherited the crown. If you have ever wondered about the inner workings of Buckingham Palace, this is the show for you. 

4. Black Mirror

Every episode explores a different futuristic technological possibility, usually on the darker side. The creativity writers put into these episodes is extremely impressive. 

5. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life 

Please watch all the original Gilmore Girls before getting hooked on this. Some people weren’t happy with the story line of this show, but I was just glad my obsession with Rory Gilmore didn’t have to end. 

6. Orange is the New Black 

A little too edgy for me, but very interesting. The coolest part is some of the scenes are word for word what Piper Kerman experienced while in prison. 

7. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 

One of the funniest, most clever shows to air on Netflix. Kimmy grew up in an underground bunker during an “apocalypse” and now she is trying to make her living in New York City. 

Avery is a freshman at Southern Methodist Univeristy from Iowa and is planning to study Markteting. She is a member of SMU Student Foundation and SMU Dance Marathon. Avery enjoys playing golf, doing yoga and traveling. 
We are the SMU Team.