3 Touch-up must-haves for your busy college life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

So, you’re living your crazy busy, college girl life, rushing from here to there, leaving your makeup looking less than fresh. You’ve had classes from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., extracuricular meetings until 7 p.m., and a dinner date at 7:30 p.m. You defintley do not have time to take off your makeup from the beginning of the day and put it all back on, but you don’t want to look like you’ve been frantically rushing around for the past 12 hours. You need a few staple items in your purse that you could apply at a red light if need be. Here are a few products that you should always have on hand.

1. Setting spray is an amazing way to get your makeup to last all day long, but it can also help relieve the cakey, dull, or dry looking skin we all get after our makeup has been on for 8+ hours. Give a few good spritzes of the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, to lock your makeup in place in the morning, and a few more once the freshness starts to fade. It will give your skin a refresher, and brings back the dewy, fresh look you had in the morning.

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, $30 at Ulta

2. Concealer and powder are the ultimate duo for covering up a pimple that appears during the day, or just giving you a boost in coverage that you lost throughout the day when your inital layer of foundation disappeared. To avoid applying too thick a layer of concealar, dab a  concealer like the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer onto areas where you need the coverage, and pat it in with your fingers, taking the time to blend it in with the rest of your makeup. Then set the concealer with a powder that has a little bit of coverage (like the Benefit “Hello Flawless” SPF 15 Powder Foundation) using a small, fluffy eyeshadow brush. This method is better than simply reapplying your foundation because a) it takes less time and b) you’re base won’t look heavy or cakey.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, $29 at Sephora

Benefit “Hello Flawless” SPF 15 Powder Foundation, $34 at Ulta

3. A bright blush and/or lipstick draw the eye away from tired looking skin, or faded eyeliner, and birghten up the face overall. For any even quicker fix, use a 2-in-1 blush and lipstick product like Nars’s The Multiple. The creamy formula with hydrate the lips, and give a glow to the cheeks.

NARS The Multiple, $39 at Sephora

Hi! I'm the beauty crazed one here at Her Campus SMU. But I also love food, coffee, shopping, traveling, laughing, and of course, writing. You can also find me rambling on about cosmetics and my dogs on my Youtube channel!
We are the SMU Team.