10 things to do on a Sunday in Dallas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

It can be easy to fall into a rut of Netflix and junk food on Sundays. There’s something to be said for staying in sweatpants and not having to brush your hair for a day. In case you’re getting bored of this routine, here are some fun ways to get out of your house/dorm and make your Sundays just a little bit more exciting.

Courtesy of pajiba.com

1.  Go to a park/dog park: Pick up sandwiches, grab some friends and make a day out of it. There are great parks around Dallas and other outdoor areas that serve food and drinks!

2.  Get crafty: Now’s the time to try that crazy intricate Pinterest craft you’ve been looking at. You can use this as an opportunity to make something to decorate your apartment or dorm with!

3.  Try a new restaurant: Areas around Dallas, like Bishop Arts and Oak Cliff, are packed with unique restaurants. It is also fun to go to shops and other attractions in these areas.

4.  Go to a movie: This is cheat for those Sundays when you really feel like doing anything productive may kill you. Theaters like the Angelika and Magnolia show indie films and other ones not usually available in theaters. This way you can still get out of the house but don’t have to miss your weekly TV time!

5.  Attend a sports game/concert: Whether it’s a local concert or a professional sports game often Sunday nights offer some event that will be able to get you out and about.

6.  Read a book at a coffee shop: Either go to your neighborhood Starbucks or a hip new coffee shop. Then curl up with that book you’ve been procrastinating. Take the time to sip a coffee and relax with no distractions.

7.  Try a new workout class: Zumba, Soul Cycle, Yoga. You’ve heard your friends talk about certain classes for weeks. Call them and try that workout class you keep thinking about!

8.  Visit a museum:  Dallas has tons of cool museums with interactive activities, places to eat, and exhibits. Visiting museums doesn’t have to be boring—grab some friends and make an afternoon out of it!

9.  Give yourself a spa day: Head to a drugstore or a store like Sephora and stock up on face masks, new makeup to try and hair care products. Then spend the day trying it all out!

10. Take a cooking class: Parents can no longer bug you for not being able to cook! Many classes are interesting, social and will give you a glass of wine while you cook! A productive and fun way to spend your Sunday!  

Courtesy of Tumblr

Feature Image Courtesy of youngfreealabama.com 

Christina is a sophomore at SMU studying Advertising and Fashion Media. When not writing, she enjoys cooking, exploring Dallas, and playing with her pug puppy, Stella. You can follow her on Instagram @prettylittlemyers. 
We are the SMU Team.