10 Netflix Christmas Movies to Watch Before They’re Gone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Once finals are over, we get to go home, spend some time with the family, gather around the fire and truly relax while we can before next semester begins. While you are enjoying the lack of homework and studying over Christmas Break, embrace the Holiday spirit with some Christmas movies that are of Netflix for the season.

1. “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”

Image via uphe.com

We all know this classic, of the Grinch who sought revenge on Christmas!

2. “The Nightmare Before Christmas”

Image via discoverbeaumont.com

The king of Halloweentown, Jack Skellington, discovers what Christmas is and decides to take charge, putting his own spooky spin on it!

3. “Casper’s Haunted Christmas”

Image via allmusic.com

If you didn’t grow up watching Casper on the big screen then you were missing out! This cute ghost is enough reason to watch this movie.

4. “A Christmas Prince”

Image via Netflix

A prince? For Christmas? Yes please!

5. “Bad Santa”

Image via Youtube

Watch two partner’s path to the naughty list as they meet up for their annual holiday crime.

6. “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas”

Image via Walmart

This is a classic that is great for watching when the younger cousins some to town and you don’t feel like playing hide and seek for the fifth time today.

7. “Frosty the Snowman”

Image via TV Guide

Frosty the Snowman is the OG Olaf. Everyone knows the class song from this movie, but you have to know the story behind it!

8. “The Spirit of Christmas”

Image via inquisitr.com

This holiday movie features a haunted bed and breakfast, a ghost who comes back to life every December, and one love story. How do all these fit together? Watch to find out.

9. “A Holiday Engagement”

Image via Wikipedia

When the main character got dumped, she was too afraid to tell her parents it was over. What does she do instead? She hires an actor to pretend to marry her. Find out how this goes by watching!

10. “White Christmas”

Image via Amazon

This throwback film is all about a girl reflecting on how she created a White Christmas. This is a great movie to play in the background while you wrap presents.

Karna is a Junior at Southern Methodist University studying Public Relations, Advertising, and English. She is the Social Media Director for Her Campus SMU, as well as a member of STUMO and Alpha Chi Omega. She is from Orange County, California and loves going to the beach and spending time with her younger sisters when visiting home. When she is not studying, Karna is usually exploring Dallas, listening to country music, or updating her blog, Simply Karna.
We are the SMU Team.