5 Trends to Rock This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Smith chapter.
1. Leggings

Let’s be honest, leggings are always in. They go with everything, and this fall you will see leggings dressed up or down. Some collegiettes prefer to wear leggings with heels and a blouse, while others choose to pair them with a chunky knit sweater for a more laid-back look.

2. Chunky Boots

Chunky boots are huge this year. They can be used to add edge to an otherwise demure outfit and bring a look together with little effort. You can also pair your chunky boots with leggings to add visual interest to a sleek silhouette.

3. A Bold Lip

Many Smithies rock bold, red or berry lips. Such a variety is available at drugstores like CVS, that half the fun is deciding which shade works best for you. Maroon lips bring out the whiteness of your teeth, and can also divert attention from under-eye circles. If you wake up after a late night at Neilson, put on a bold lip, smile, and walk out the door! Rock your bold lip. You deserve it.

4. Fleece Lined Tights

Many Smithies swear by the warm, fleece-lined stockings sold in Faces. These are your safest bet under a nice pair of jeans in the cold days of winter. They can also be worn under a skirt or dress when the weather permits.

5.  Flowy Scarves

The perfect accessory can finish your look as much as a cute pair of shoes. Scarves are another fall fashion trend that never goes out of style. Scarves are a necessary accessory for every season, but now that it’s getting chilly and windy, they protect your neck from the cold and tie your outfit together.