etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Dogs Are Better Than People

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

He’s always there. Chance is always at the front door when I come home from college. He’s also always there with his head laying on the window watching me when I leave for college. Without question of where I was or why I left; he greets me with kisses and love right when I walk in the door without hesitation. Dogs love you no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what you believe, they love you for you. The love our dogs gives us is unconditional. Chance is my shadow. Wherever I go, he goes. I always have a buddy who loves me unconditionally. Dogs teach us to be better people ourselves, they also show us that no matter what, loving others and being there through support and friendship is the greatest gift life can give. I do not remember how I got through each day without coming home to my dog’s face and wagging tail. No matter the circumstance, our dogs love us no matter what. Dogs teach us that no matter what the situation there’s always something to be happy about. My dog Chance is the happiest dog I have ever met. He sits with me when I am sad, when I am sick, but also when I am happy. He loves all of me, all the time. Dogs have the greatest hearts. Why can’t we as humans love so unconditionally like dogs do?                                

My dog always knows when I need him the most, he never leaves my side. Dogs, like humans all have unique personalities and that is what makes them even more special. They have a story of their own. They remind us of the good things in life, the things to be grateful for everyday; love and family. They are so much better than humans in the sense that they are always happy and excited to be with you. Just your presence makes them so happy. What is better than that? Yeah, dogs are cute, fluffy, and make the best snuggle buddies, but they are much more than that. They teach us what life is all about, love, family, and loyalty.They are here to love us, but we are also here to love them and share our lives with them the best we can. They give us opportunities to be better humans in taking on the responsibility of caring for somebody other than ourselves. My dog fills my day with meaning, happiness, and humor. They are simply the best, the most loveable, and the best example of what love and humility should resemble. The bond we form with our dogs is something that is very hard to put into words. The love they give us is something we need to hold onto and cherish. Dogs always give us something to look forward to whether it be something as small as playing in the snow, or something much bigger. They distract us from the negative things in life and take our worries away with their positivity. I always stop to think of what the world might be if humans were as loving and accepting as dogs were.

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.