A Very Merry HC Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

As important as it is to focus on the true meaning of Christmas and the Holiday season, there’s nothing wrong with a few presents! With finals week kicking into gear, our team was thrilled to recieve presents of our own in our Holiday Survival Kit. Gift giving can often be stressful, as we rack our brains for the perfect thing for everyone on our list. Check out our Survival Kit favorites to gain a little inspiration for your holiday shopping (for others and yourself).

1. Make-up from Rimmel

I had never tried Rimmel products before, but the entire team loves the make-up kits that came. The ScandalEyes liner and mascara are super easy to use and are very versatile for any going-out look. The mascara stays on well without smudging, yet comes off easily once you call it a night. We also got 4 shades of 16HR Kissproof Lip Colour, “Kiss-proof, transfer-proof, trouble proof,” and enough bronzer to last the upcoming pasty season. All of these products are less than $7.50 each. “The London Look” makes for the perfect Holiday Party season survival kit for any collegiette. 

2. 7 Wonders Masks

End of semester stress will do a number on anyone’s pores. Stress and prioritizing studying over taking care of oneself can leave your skin a disaster. Luckily, we recieved a plethera of facemasks from Leaders Cosmetics! While the full face mask will make you look like a killer from The Purge for 15 minutes, your skin will be glowing after peeling it off. These are a great way to relax a little during finals week and rejuvenate once the week is over.

3. Pure Silk Shaving Cream

This is the second time HC has sent us Pure Silk and we can’t get enough. It smells delicious and makes your legs ultra-smooth, which can be difficult to achieve throughout a Vermont winter. 

4. Book of The Month Club

Give the gift of reading this year by giving a membership to The Book of the Month Club. The first book we got is The Wangs vs. The World, and while I still haven’t finsihed it, I haven’t been able to put it down. A membership with Book of the Month is the gift that keeps giving!

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.