UnCommon Grounds Winner – Caitlin Shea-Vantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Have you met Caitlin? She won the Uncommon Grounds gift certificate in our first photo contest. She tweeted us after receiving saying she’d already used it!

Caitlin’s winning caption was: “Her Campus SMCVT I deserve the Uncommon Grounds gift card because I need to fuel my caffeine addiction. As an avid tea-drinker (and by avid I mean…obsessive), I really enjoy going to Uncommon Grounds as often as I can. please allow me to continue to be addicted. xo cait but seriously… please.”

Uncommon Grounds is a coffee shop located on Church St. in Burlington, Vt., next to the Catamount Store. They roast their coffee fresh daily and a menu with something for every coffee lover, whether you like your coffee black or a sweeter, fancier drink. The coffee comes from Hacienda La Minita in Columbia, a farm that promotes fair pay for employees and is herbicide and insecticide-free.

If coffee isn’t for you, check out the teas the Caitlin loves or pick up a cinnamon roll. Their cabinet of pastries will make your mouth water, holding cakes, cookies, and the occasional seasonal surprise like apple cider donuts.When you make your caffeine choices downtown, check out Uncommon Grounds for a delicious, local experience!

Lauren Mazzoleni is a junior at Saint Michael's College where she majors in Digital Arts, Media Studies, and Journalism and minors in Psychology. Lauren and Alexandra Brenock are the two campus correspondents for Saint Michael's HC Branch. At Saint Michael's, she is a student blogger, a tour guide, and a disc jockey at WWPV 88.7 FM. Many of her friends would say that when she is not busy attending her classes or working on HC articles, you could find her watching many of the shows she always DVRs (Glee, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, etc), shopping on Church Street in downtown Burlington, and hanging out with her friends from Saint Michael's and from her hometown in NH.