Shelby Davis ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.
Her Campus SMCVT is proud to introduce our first Freshman Cutie, Shelby Davis! She’s cute, she’s sweet, and apparently very sarcastic. But that only adds to her charm! She’s been gracing the McCarthy practice rooms with her beautiful voice. Wanna hear it? Maybe you can catch up with her listening to the waves crashing on the beach while watching the sunset! 

Name: Shelby Davis
Birthday: August 13, 1994
Year: 2016
Hometown: Newington, CT
Major: Theatre
Relationship Status: Single

What is your favorite quote? “Listen to all that is said from everyone you know. Listen hard and you will have understanding beyond the words.” -Listen by Rene Gutteridge

What is your favorite sound? I love the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. It’s one of the most peaceful and relaxing sounds in nature. 

What is something no one knows about you/one of your hidden talents? I have some baton twirling skills to go along with my custom made baton. 

Describe your perfect date. A picnic on the beach while watching the sunset. 

Who would you choose to play you in a movie? Emma Stone. She could totally handle my extreme sarcasm! 

If you were an animal, what would you be and why? I would love to be a cat! They sleep for most of the day and when they aren’t sleeping, they lie down while people pet them. Does it get much better than that? 

If you won the lottery, what would you do with the winnings? First, I would do the responsible thing and save half of it. With the rest, I would take my family on vacation to Costa Rica and (assuming that I won a lot of money) buy a nice apartment in New York City to live in after college. 

When you meet someone for the first time, what is the first thing you notice about them? I always notice the eyes first.

Alex is a junior at Saint Michel's College and is pursuing a degree in business administration. Alex is from Massachusetts but loves beautiful Vermont (minus the freezing cold, snowy winters)! She loves being involved on campus - besides running the Saint Mike's Branch of Her Campus, she is a tour guide and blogger for her college and a mentor to a second-grader. Alex plans on studying-abroad in Ireland and would love to move to Boston or New York City after graduation. She is uber passionate about social media and marketing and hopes to attend business school in the future. In her free time, Alex enjoys baking, taking naps, going to the movies with friends, and telling jokes about pirates.