Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SMCVT News

Pros and Cons of Internships

By Lauren Mazzoleni, Juliana Summers
December 3, 2013 - 12:00am

So you wanna be an intern? Cool, we did too! We devoted a portion of our semester to going off-campus and enhancing our skills; watch out, real world! There are obviously tons of positives to being an intern, whether for credit or just for another thing to put on your resume. But, there are also some negatives that you can get roped into if you’re not careful. Here’s our list of internship pros & cons... Pros Experience/ resume building READ MORE

Changes to Cosmo & Why We Love It

By Juliana Summers
November 26, 2013 - 12:00am

When I say Cosmo, you think...dating advice? Fashion spreads? Sex tips? Some call it shallow, but I love the magazine for what it holds, and especially what’s it’s working towards. Overall, Cosmo’s message is one of women’s empowerment from a more liberal sense, but nonetheless meant to inspire women to be “fun, fearless females.” If that doesn’t spell positivity, I don’t know what does. READ MORE

How to Survive Thanksgiving Dinner

By Lauren Kopchik
November 5, 2013 - 12:00am

One Thanksgiving always sticks out in my mind: The Year that Everything Went Wrong. I was probably seven or eight years old, but I can distinctly remember Gramma accidentally spilling her wine on Mom's new table cloth, curtains being ripped down by a rowdy cousin, and the bathroom toilet overflowing all over the floor. If those images remind you of your own family and simultaneously make you cringe, then you're probably hitting the reality that going home for the holidays is an occasion as stressful as it is joyous. As your first glimpse at what the season of giving has in store for you this year, you might want to start Thanksgiving off on the right foot. READ MORE

Halloween Traditions

By Cara Chapman
October 29, 2013 - 11:35am

It may be more difficult for us to go trick-or-treating, collegiettes, but that doesn’t mean we can’t take part in Halloween traditions on and off campus. 1.       Hay Rides Especially in New England, many campuses are within a short drive of an apple orchard or pumpkin patch. Grab your friends and head over to a local orchard so you can get the full hay-riding experience, and maybe even pick up a pumpkin or a peck of apples. 2.       Carving Pumpkins If you have a sharp knife and can deal with the mess, you’re ready for some serious pumpkin-carving. Go with the classic Jack-O-Lantern or make yourself a cute cat. Then either put a candle or stuff a mass of Christmas lights in your pumpkin to light up the night. 3.       Buying and Eating Candy...

Scary Story: The Elmo Cake Incident

By Lauren Kopchik
October 22, 2013 - 12:00am

It started out as a harmless joke…probably. The truth is, we will never know. Despite the fact that our townhouse is home to quite a few self-claimed investigative sleuths, the strange case of the Elmo Cake Incident will most likely remain a mystery. Here it is, collegiettes. A Halloween tale like no other. Read carefully, though: there’s a lesson here. READ MORE

Her Campus Back to School Survival Kits

By Lauren Mazzoleni, Alexandra Brenock
October 4, 2013 - 12:00am

Hey collegiettes! Hope everyone is having a great start to the semester! READ MORE

Cats, Cats, and More Cats: Our Obsession with Cats and the Media

By Lauren Murphy
October 1, 2013 - 12:00am

You either love them or hate them, but we all know you’ve watched that Wrecking Ball Kitten video a million times. That’s right, collegiettes. This week, Her Campus SMCVT is talking about cats. READ MORE

Her Campus & Teen Vogue bring Campus Trunks to SMCVT

By Lauren Kopchik
September 7, 2013 - 12:14pm

The fall semester has finally arrived. It’s that time of year that prepares us for new beginnings, new adventures, and more often than not, a new look. This year, Her Campus collegiettes are in luck—Teen Vogue’s Back-to-School Saturday has sent trunks with free goodies to HC campuses all over the country, including Saint Mike’s! READ MORE

End of the Year Remarks

By Alexandra Brenock, Lauren Mazzoleni
June 4, 2013 - 12:54pm

As co-founders of Her Campus SMCVT, we wanted to say our individual remarks about how amazing this year has been.
  Lauren Mazzoleni: It’s been a year filled with both hard work and great times. It was a process to start up a Her Campus chapter from scratch since we had to recruit our staff and start brainstorming story ideas as soon as we were informed about being a new chapter. It was great to see how quickly it all soon came together and how people started to read our content more and more each week. READ MORE

Make a Splash in Summer Sandals

By Cara Chapman, Juliana Summers
May 1, 2013 - 12:00am

Summer is in clear sight, collegiettes! Let’s take the “look cute from head to toe” tip seriously and dress our feet to impress, too. Toss aside those cold-weather boots, treat yourself to a much-needed pedicure, and check out our favorite sandal trends for this season!   READ MORE