The Name is Bonds…..Matt Bonds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Even though SMC is a sea of familiar faces, it is nice to know that Matt Bonds is one of the friendliest of them all. I am not going to lie, before I was able to sit down with him and talk, his towering height was quite intimidating. However, there is much more to this 6’4’’ Saint Michael’s basketball player than meets the eye.

Hometown: Accokeek, MD.

Major: Psychology with a minor in Art

YOG: 2017

Her Campus: What position do you play on the basketball team here at Saint Michaels?

Matt Bonds: Power forward

HC: What else are you involved in here on Campus?

MB: I am a part of  SAAC which is Student Athlete Advisory Commission. I am also a part of PKLA which is Purple Knight Leadership Association which focuses on leadership and how to be a leader on your team as well as  how to be a leader in tough situations.

HC: You’re pretty busy with basketball, so what do you do on off days?

MB: I like to sleep, snowboard and honestly be with people. I usually just relax and take a break from it all.

HC: If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who would they be and why?

MB:

1. Michael Jordan because he is the best basketball player ever.

2. Barack Obama because he is the first black president.

3. Bob Marley because he has got good vibes and it would be a cool experience.

HC: Who is your biggest inspiration?

MB: My oldest brother is my biggest inspiration. He works hard, not even with sports, and I try to do what he does.

HC: What do you want to do after college?

MB: I want to play basketball first but then hopefully something in law enforcement like the FBI or CIA.

HC: What has basketball taught you?

MB: That nothing comes without hard work. You have to work hard or it won’t come.