This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

You can find him in the Biology department, working in the Campus Store, or in his room watching a basketball game and organizing his shoe collection. Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, John Murray! (Pictured above at Ben & Jerry’s with his best friend, Jessica Campbell)

Name: John Murray

Birthday: April 24th

Year: 2015

Hometown: Adams, MA. (“It’s in the Western part of MA, not 20 minutes outside of Boston. ;)”)

Major/Minor: Biology

How did you choose SMC?

“Well it wasn’t my original first choice, but each time I visited I liked it more and more. They also had the best Biology program out of the 3 schools I was choosing from. My older sister goes here too, and I thought it would be nice to see a familiar face around campus.”

Do you have any nicknames?

“A lot of my close friends call me ‘J-Murr’, but most people call me by my first and last name; never just ‘John’ it’s always ‘John Murray.’” (Guilty!)

What clubs/activities are you involved with around campus?

“I’m in science club and do as many of their activities as possible, and I was thinking about joining the golf team but it was too much of a time commitment, so I stick to playing for leisure.”

What’s your favorite part about SMC?

“I like the community and how easy-going everyone is. All of the professors are really nice, especially the ones in the Biology department. I also love we are so close to Burlington because there is always something to do and you can never get bored!”

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

“I can’t really remember! I’ll have to call my mom, haha! I think I wanted to be a vet because I really like animals, but now I’m not really interested in medical stuff, I am more interested in Conservation Biology.”

If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?

“I would pay for the rest of my college, pay for my little sister to go to college, and I would make sure my parents were taken care of. And of course, I would buy a Porsche, my dream car.”

Something else we should know about you?

“I really like shoes! I have several pairs and I pick out my shoes based on the outfit I’m wearing for the day. It makes me feel organized.”

Alex is a junior at Saint Michel's College and is pursuing a degree in business administration. Alex is from Massachusetts but loves beautiful Vermont (minus the freezing cold, snowy winters)! She loves being involved on campus - besides running the Saint Mike's Branch of Her Campus, she is a tour guide and blogger for her college and a mentor to a second-grader. Alex plans on studying-abroad in Ireland and would love to move to Boston or New York City after graduation. She is uber passionate about social media and marketing and hopes to attend business school in the future. In her free time, Alex enjoys baking, taking naps, going to the movies with friends, and telling jokes about pirates.