Joe Coughlan ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

We’re back! The first Campus Cutie for the second semester at St. Mike’s is one of the most adventurous and friendly guys on campus…and quite possibly the entire world! He’s fun, smart, outgoing, and unfortunately for the rest of us…taken. But still, he’s quite a guy and you should get to know him if you get the chance…Just don’t sneak up on him in a dark alley…he’ll be too scared to talk!

Name:  Joe Coughlan                                      Birthday: October 5, 1992

Year:   2014                                                    Hometown: Randolph, Maine

Major:  Physics Major/Math Minor              Relationship Status: Taken

What is your favorite book? My favorite has to be Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer.  I could read that book over and over.

What is your favorite sports team? The Boston Celtics all the way. I love the Bruins and Red Sox too, but the Celtics are by far my favorite.

Give 3 words that describe you. Adventurous, Thoughtful, Spontaneous

What are you most afraid of?  The dark. I always thought it would be a fear that would go awayafter childhood…but it has inevitably gotten worse.

What is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done? In high school I tried to take a girl to the top of a church steeple to ask her out during the sunrise. The experience became not so romantic when I woke up after the sunrise and totally ruined it. She was pissed.

What is your favorite pick-up line? Is your dad a terrorist? ‘Cause you da bomb!

If you could go anywhere right now, where would it be? I would want to go to New Zealand to ski, bungee jump, surf, and whitewater kayak.  They have beautiful landscapes and some fairly gnarly terrain.

What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? That experience would be the summer I spent in Oregon. I went out there by myself to work for three months, 10 days at a time for about 70 hours a week.  I didn’t go out there with anyone I knew and met some awesome people along the way. I found some incredible independence and gained a stronger appreciation for people who work to protect the environment.

Lauren Mazzoleni is a junior at Saint Michael's College where she majors in Digital Arts, Media Studies, and Journalism and minors in Psychology. Lauren and Alexandra Brenock are the two campus correspondents for Saint Michael's HC Branch. At Saint Michael's, she is a student blogger, a tour guide, and a disc jockey at WWPV 88.7 FM. Many of her friends would say that when she is not busy attending her classes or working on HC articles, you could find her watching many of the shows she always DVRs (Glee, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, etc), shopping on Church Street in downtown Burlington, and hanging out with her friends from Saint Michael's and from her hometown in NH.