How to Start The Semester Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Ready or not, spring semester has arrived! Whether you spent your break catching up on much needed sleep or participating in service trips, it’s time to get back into school mode, collegiettes™! Here are some tips to start off the semester on the right foot:

1. Get yourself organized. Do whatever you have to do to stay on top of your work for the semester. Maybe it is buying a planner, or entering important syllabus dates in your phone’s calendar. Use your planner to organize everything from the assignments in your classes to what errands you have to run next weekend. Having yourself organized at the beginning of the semester will lead to better time management and less stress all semester long.

2. Be healthy. Getting sick early in the semester can make things really tough. Do things like taking a multivitamin, eating healthy in Alliot, and washing your hands often will prevent you from coming down with a cold that makes you miss important class time. Try to establish a set sleep routine that gets you enough sleep. Setting up routines early will help ward off bad habits that leave you in poor health.

3. Clean your room. Whether you are a neat freak or have the messiest room on your floor, it’s good to start the semester with a clean room. During the first week back, clean different parts of your room in twenty minutes a day. Organize you shelves one day, clean under your bed the next and you will soon have a nice, clean room to come back to every night.

Source:

http://girlwiththeredhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/college-planner.jpg

Lauren Mazzoleni is a junior at Saint Michael's College where she majors in Digital Arts, Media Studies, and Journalism and minors in Psychology. Lauren and Alexandra Brenock are the two campus correspondents for Saint Michael's HC Branch. At Saint Michael's, she is a student blogger, a tour guide, and a disc jockey at WWPV 88.7 FM. Many of her friends would say that when she is not busy attending her classes or working on HC articles, you could find her watching many of the shows she always DVRs (Glee, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, etc), shopping on Church Street in downtown Burlington, and hanging out with her friends from Saint Michael's and from her hometown in NH.