This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

With autumn amongst us, the first thing we collegiettes have to do is stay warm right? And what better way to stay warm during fall than leather! I mean, everything leather.  Gone are the days that leather is just for jackets because the leather look is in high demand in season, and it’s not just for outwear, it’s for everyday wear.

Above I pieced some outfits together incorporating different leather looks such as a leather skirt, overalls, dress, and jeans! And the best way to dress up or down an outfit now is to add leather boots.  They can class your outfit up in one move, or make it completely casual, the result is up to you. 

A leather skirt makes a normal shirt and skirt combo look edgy and downright fashion forward.  By piecing together something more subtle and looser with a tight skirt, the end result can look amazing.  Statement sweatshirts are a great way to keep an outfit comfortable but still look on point.

As I’ve previously mentioned in my other articles, I am obsessed with overalls.  Now that I know that they don’t make someone look five years old, and can actually look fashionable, I just can’t get enough.  Especially of the Topshop leather-look overalls.  For a day shopping, or for a dinner-date, these leather overalls keep the outfit interesting and classy in a unique way.

Leather-look dresses are also another way to look chic this fall without putting too much effort into what you’re wearing. Pair it with tights and ankle boots, and presto! Your outfit for the night is done in two easy steps.

And finally, my absolute favorite: leather jeans/ leggings.  They are so versatile that you can use these pants in such different ways and have a unique outfit every time.  Pairing it with a cozy sweater and a scarf is one of my favorite ways to stay edgy and warm in the fall/ winter.

Now I know what you may be thinking: …leather everything?  But let me put your unease to rest because anyone can pull these looks off with the right mindset.  Although they seem more fashion forward, I can assure you, you will be on trend this season by rocking a couple of these pieces in your autumn wardrobe.

So, go whip out that leather vest or jacket, or even that leather skirt you’ve been too unsure about to wear because leather is back in a big bad way and you’re going to need something to brave to storm right?