This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

This week’s cutie is none other than Emily Benton, one of the sweetest girls on campus! Em is constantly brightening up SMCVT with her gorgeous smile and big heart. This cutie loves all different types of music and having movie nights with her friends. So be sure to get those Snickers and Kit Kats ready and bring your sense of humor, so you can have an amazing time with this one of a kind girl!

Name: Emily Benton
Birthday:  September 10th
Year: Freshmen
Hometown: Alexandria, NH
Major: Psychology
Relationship Status: Single

What hobbies do you have?
I like playing basketball and going to the gym with my friends, I play the ukulele in my free time, and I like having movie nights with my roomie and our friends.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
If I could go anywhere in the world, it would have to be New Zealand, because the landscapes are beautiful, they have great accents, and there are a lot of sheep!

What are the most played songs on your iPod?
I listen to all sorts of songs just because I grew up in a house where music was almost always playing. I guess it depends on what kind of mood I’m in. When I’m working out, I usually listen to the sort of stuff my dad always played when I was little, so like Genesis or Electric Light Orchestra. If I’m just hanging out with friends and stuff though, Taylor Swift is a must, plus any music from the 90’s!

What are the qualities you look for in someone?
Definitely the first quality I look for in someone is a good sense of humor! They have to be able to make me laugh, but they also have to be able to deal with the amount of sarcasm that is always coming out of my mouth. Being able to be serious when it’s called for is important too. I think it’s important to take your time here at college seriously and also to be a responsible adult when you need to be.

Favorite candy?
It would have to be a tossup between Snickers and Kit Kats.

What is something you’d like people to know about you?
I guess I would just warn people of my cheesy jokes and bad pun habit.

And look out!!! She also gives great hugs!
Vice President of Editorial Staff SMCVT who loves to make people's day with a smile :)
Alex is a junior at Saint Michel's College and is pursuing a degree in business administration. Alex is from Massachusetts but loves beautiful Vermont (minus the freezing cold, snowy winters)! She loves being involved on campus - besides running the Saint Mike's Branch of Her Campus, she is a tour guide and blogger for her college and a mentor to a second-grader. Alex plans on studying-abroad in Ireland and would love to move to Boston or New York City after graduation. She is uber passionate about social media and marketing and hopes to attend business school in the future. In her free time, Alex enjoys baking, taking naps, going to the movies with friends, and telling jokes about pirates.