Emily Asch ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, junior Emily Asch! Emily started the business Saint Mike’s Nails this year, showing off her talent in painting and designing nails, and using her business expertise!

1. Why did you start Saint Mike’s Nails?

I’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback from friends and family about nails that I have done for myself and others. I’ve been really persuaded by them to share this talent. I figure, and what college student doesn’t want cool nails for a fraction of the price you’d get at the nail salon?

2. When did you start painting your nails?

I only really got into it last year. When I was younger I didn’t care about my nails at all and rarely painted them. A few years back I started occasionally going to the nail salon and getting manicures. It became really expensive so I started doing my own. I think that I browsed Instagram a lot and became inspired by a lot of manicures I saw and tried to replicate them. I finally realized that I can do a perfect French manicure, so why pay $20? Now I just do whatever inspires me.

3. What’s your major at Saint Mike’s?

I’m a Business Administration major with a concentration in Marketing. I also recently picked up an Accounting minor.

4. Do you have any idea what you’d like to do after graduation?

I plan on going to grad school and hopefully doing more in accounting. But at this point, that is literally all I know. I have no concrete plans.

5. Fun fact?

One of my favorite activities is Scuba Diving, and I’ve been certified since I was 14.

Alex is a junior at Saint Michel's College and is pursuing a degree in business administration. Alex is from Massachusetts but loves beautiful Vermont (minus the freezing cold, snowy winters)! She loves being involved on campus - besides running the Saint Mike's Branch of Her Campus, she is a tour guide and blogger for her college and a mentor to a second-grader. Alex plans on studying-abroad in Ireland and would love to move to Boston or New York City after graduation. She is uber passionate about social media and marketing and hopes to attend business school in the future. In her free time, Alex enjoys baking, taking naps, going to the movies with friends, and telling jokes about pirates.