Derek Thoresen ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Watch out St. Mike’s! This week’s Campus Cutie is Junior Derek Thoresen! This fun, laid back, and thoughtful man is one great catch! Try catching up with him sometime soon; I’m sure he’ll enjoy it…particularly if it involves ice cream! But better act fast! He won’t be single forever!

Name:  Derek Thoresen

Birthday: November 3rd

Year:   2014

Hometown: Ashland, Ma

Major:  Chemistry

Relationship Status: Single

What is your favorite sports team?

The Boston Bruins

What is your favorite place to hang out?

Dairy Queen. I love ice cream and a few of my best friends from home work there.

If you could live in a house made out of one food, what would it be and why?

Coconuts. It’s the only food I can think of that would be strong enough to build a house out of and wouldn’t go bad and start to smell on a hot day.

What is your guilty pleasure?

I love ice cream. I have had ice cream with breakfast at least once at Alliot.

Describe your soul mate.

I just want a nice girl who’s fun to be with.

What is the #1 most played song on your iPod?

“Thunderstruck” by AC/DC.

What is the first thing you do in the morning?

Drink a cup of orange juice then go get breakfast.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?

I would want to be able to fly because it would be so much fun.

Alex is a junior at Saint Michel's College and is pursuing a degree in business administration. Alex is from Massachusetts but loves beautiful Vermont (minus the freezing cold, snowy winters)! She loves being involved on campus - besides running the Saint Mike's Branch of Her Campus, she is a tour guide and blogger for her college and a mentor to a second-grader. Alex plans on studying-abroad in Ireland and would love to move to Boston or New York City after graduation. She is uber passionate about social media and marketing and hopes to attend business school in the future. In her free time, Alex enjoys baking, taking naps, going to the movies with friends, and telling jokes about pirates.