Chris Allen and Joe Coughlan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Meet Her Campus SMCVT’s Campus Bromance, Joe Coughlan and Chris Allen! Anyone who has witnessed these two in action knows that these two were obviously made for each other. They longboard together, go on Cumby’s runs together, and even have late night pillow-talk!

Names: Joe Coughlan and Chris Allen

Birthdays: C august 12 1991.

J October 5th 1992.

Majors: J physics, minor math

C political science, minors in awesome

Grad Year: 2014

Hometowns: C Springfield, MA  J Randolph,ME

When and where did your bromance begin?

C: The first day we met was the first day of college. He gave me a hug and I started crying. It was the glimmer in his eyes

J: I don’t remember the hug, but I remember shaking his hand and thinking “what a goofy kid”.

What do you guys like to do for fun?

C: We go to Cumby’s every night. We ride our longboards together. We sleep together. Same bed. Pillow talk. It’s the main ingredient. That’s when talks just get bounced off the walls you know and you’re just bouncing off thoughts and ideas.

J: You just have the other person to listen. Oh, and we go skiing together.

C: We got lost one time. On purpose. That’s how much we love each other. We wanted to get lost together.

J: He had his grandmother’s car up last year, and we decided to take it for a little joyride at around 9 pm-ish. We just took a random turn, got lost in the middle of the road and eventually made it back to campus at around 1 am.

C: The stars were really vibrant where we were. We went outside and there was this huge tractor in this huge field.  Joe was the DJ and I was the driver.

J: We were singing In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins. It was beautiful.

How are you both dealing with the long distance right now?

C: Oh my God it’s a piece of cake! Nah, I mean, I’m doing fine. Obviously, I miss him but it’s not even like a speed-bump in the relationship. You know in your heart of hearts you guys will meet each other again and make fond memories and have many talks. You hold onto those thoughts, and know that it’s going to come true, just like my dreams.

J: I’m handling it well, but there does seem to be a void in the bed next to mine where he used to sleep. And there are times where I need him to keep me in check and yell at our roommate Adam. For the most part, I’m doing fine and yelling at Adam myself, but that gets kind of lonely.

C: Adam’s like our baby and sometimes he’s just hard to deal with and we have to come at him from two people instead of one. He loves us. He is our child after all. We tuck him in at night.

See if you could answer these questions about the other person:

Favorite movie: C: Joe’s favorite movie is probably like Into the Wild.

J: Chris’s favorite movie is definitely I Love You, Man.

C: I love you, too!

Favorite food:  C: Probably pork or something really meaty. He’s a vegetarian but I feel like he really likes meat. Like a filet mignon. Or a filet mign-tofu or something. That’s what they should make nowadays.

J: Chris’s favorite food is probably a bowl of the grossest foods in Alliot along with some water to moisten it. Along with some milk, too. We’re looking for consistency. Then he calls himself Chef Allen.

Favorite kind of music: C: Joe LOVES Riff-Raff. Whenever I put that on in the room, he starts rapping. I think he’s obsessed with Riff-Raff. I think we need an intervention, but I just let it go.

J: With Chris, besides Salt and Pepper, it’s probably Waka Flocka Flame.  He just raps it all the time.

What’s one thing that you guys have in common:

C: We both have blonde hair. We both take showers.

J: We both love Josh Groban.

C: That’s about all we have in common. And we love Cumby’s. That’s probably number 1.

J: And we have Adam in common.

That you don’t have in common:

C: Joe has a girlfriend and I don’t. The ladies don’t my skills. But Joe and I do have a kid together so maybe that’s it…

J: What else?

C: Um, you have longer hair than I do.

J:  I dress in the same clothes for about a week, and Chris dresses in the same clothes for about an hour.

C: I’m way hotter. No bias. I definitely have the better body.

Additional Things You Want Us to Know:

C: We love each other. We like to jump on each other, give each other handshakes.

J: When we’re out on our longboards, we like to hold each others hands and propel each other, like a Leap Frog thing. One time one of my friends was all like  “My professor stopped class because he saw you guys on your longboards and was like ‘that’s cute.’ ”

C: We hold each others hands, legs, fingers. Nothing inappropriate.

Lauren Mazzoleni is a junior at Saint Michael's College where she majors in Digital Arts, Media Studies, and Journalism and minors in Psychology. Lauren and Alexandra Brenock are the two campus correspondents for Saint Michael's HC Branch. At Saint Michael's, she is a student blogger, a tour guide, and a disc jockey at WWPV 88.7 FM. Many of her friends would say that when she is not busy attending her classes or working on HC articles, you could find her watching many of the shows she always DVRs (Glee, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, etc), shopping on Church Street in downtown Burlington, and hanging out with her friends from Saint Michael's and from her hometown in NH.