Campus Cutie: Annie O’Brien

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

If you haven’t seen her, you’ve defintely heard her. But chances are you’ve seen her and if you’ve seen her you’ve 100% heard her too. Annie O’Brien is a 5’2″, red headed ball of energy who energizes the entire room. She’s loud, funny and while she may sarcastically make fun of most people she comes in contact with, she is still one of the most caring people on campus. She somehow knows everyone and not just on the surface level. Get to know the craziest Campus Cutie yet! 

YOG: 2019

Hometown: Syracuse, NY

Major: Sociology & Anthropology major, geography minor 

HC: What are you involved in at SMC?

AOB: I’m an O-leader and a proud HC member from the start.

HC: Is there a professor that has been influential on your career?

AOB: Amy Redman is a sociolgy adjunct. Professor Doyle was my first year seminar professor. They both really want to get to know their students and have a passion for what they teach, which makes students more passionate about it. For example I took robotics with Doyle. I’m not into robotics but the way she taught it made it applicable to things that are more relevant to me. 

HC: Why did decide to attend SMC?

AOB: My cousin went here for a year. He didn’t end up liking it but he thought I would like it. I came and visited him and just loved it. 

HC: If you could order take out from anywhere right now where would it be from?

AOB: Crepadillas from Skinny Pancake.

HC: What your favorite part about SMC?

AOB: The people. Everyone’s so nice and open and accepting. 

HC: How do you craft the perfect spotify playlist?

AOB: It usually starts with a couple songs and then I’ll click the song radio on one of them. And then I’ll listen to the song radio for a little and add songs based off that. Or sometimes I’ll come up with a name for one first and make it around that. 

HC: What’s one thing that people might not know about you?

AOB: For the last 3 years I’ve coached a baseball team in Syracuse for kids with physical and mental disabilities. 

HC: What’s your personal mantra.

AOB: Shoot your shot. You should always shoot your shot, you never know. If you never ask the question you’ll never know, ya know?

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.