Brian Shearer: The Friendliest Face on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Here at SMC, there are few that don’t know the name Brian Shearer. He is one of the friendliest people to walk the campus, always saying hello to many different faces. Her campus was fortunate enough to sit down with the busy man himself. 

Her Campus: What is your major?

Brian Shearer: am a double major in International Relations and Religious Studies with a minor in Peace and Justice Studies.

HC: Where are you from?

BS: I am from Ellicott City, Maryland. It’s a great place to grow up.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

BS: Currently, I am the Faculty Liaison on the Honors Committee and I am in the Peace and Justice Club. I am also a weekly tour guide, and I am in the DREAM program. Perhaps my favorite involvement, I am an Orientation Leader as well.

HC: What is your ideal date?

BS: There would definitely be a sunset. My ideal date is probably hiking up to a peak and watching the sunset. Have to bring a blanket in case it gets chilly. I’d also have flash lights for the walk back. What better date than a beautiful view and some good conversation?

HC: Favorite spot here at SMC?

BS: Who doesn’t love the view?

HC: If you could go anywhere for free right now where would you? Why?

BS: Everywhere. Literally anywhere and everywhere. I love traveling and living in and experiencing other environments and cultures.

HC: Who is your biggest inspiration?

BS: Definitely my father. He is probably the most genuine person I know. His care and concern for his family is amazing. He has inspired me to be as active and engaging as possible, serve others, treat people right, and have faith in others. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without his guidance. But at heart, I am a momma’s boy.

HC: Do you have any advice to underclassmen?

BS: Be as involved as possible while maintaining a healthy balance. And meet as many people as you can. I love the Saint Mike’s community and the programs I am involved in. There are so many awesome and amazing people here…