ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Alex and Ani: What Your Bracelets Say About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

As the holiday season approaches an excellent gift idea is a trinket from Alex and Ani. Within the past few years their bracelets have become a household name and fashion statement. Each bracelet has a specific meaning and message behind which creates a unique statement for each person depending on what bracelets she has. What do my Alex and Ani say about me? I currently have three Alex and Ani bracelets and they are the pineapple, the compass, and the four leaf clover. This pineapple, meaning welcome, warmth, and friendship is the only of the three I have personally purchased. I love the meaning behind it, plus I love the TV show Psych in which a pineapple is an ongoing joke. As I get closer to graduation and the real world, for my 21st birthday my mom gave me the compass, symbolizing objective, direction, and transition as I enter a new phase of my life. Finally, the first Alex and Ani bracelet I owned was given to me as a gift by two of my best friends before I left to study abroad for 6 months. The four leaf clover represents luck, fortune, and prosperity, which I took with me on my travels to Europe. So if you’re looking for a gift this holiday season, consider an American made, recycled Alex and Ani bracelet and help someone you care about make a statement.