alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Reasons Why Birth Control is My Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

1. Makes My Period Great Again

While periods are never great, birth control makes it a little less like giving birth to the antichrist and a little more like a mild stomach ache. Birth control helps me actually get out of bed, go to school, and fully participate in practice which I wasn’t able to do before my best friend came into my life.

2. Prevents me from Getting Preggers

Like a true friend, birth control knows me and knows that I’m not ready for that lifestyle and taxation on my body. It knows I’m not ready to have to make the tough decision that can occur when birth control isn’t in my life.

3. Made my Zits Go Bye Bye

Life can be bad enough without having acne on top of everything. Birth control took me out of those darker days and showed me the light. #blessed

4. My Choice

It was my choice to be friends with birth control, nobody else had a say, because why should they? It’s my life and I’m responsible enough to make this choice on my own.

5. Our Friendship is Free

Personally, as a college student, I’m ballin on a serious budget, so it’s nice to have something good in my life that’s free.

6. Helps my Girls with Endometriosis

Why should anyone have their built up uterus tissue and flaming pelvic pain (which they can’t help) stop them from doing some living and loving?

7. Makes my Flow Slow

My bff knows pads and tampons put a damper on my already concerningly low bank account balance. Birth control makes the flow low and the bank account high (well, higher than it would be without it).

8. Always There for Me

Birth control is a constant in my life. Rain or shine I can always count on it to be right there when I need it; always greeting me with an array of colors every morning, and even with a little sugar when that blessed time of the month comes.

I love my Best Friend, and like any other one of my best friends, I will fight for them if someone tries to take them away. So come at me Trump!

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.