6 Makeup Products Worth Splurging On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

While we all love the drugstore for most of our beauty products, once in awhile you want to throw some cash at pretty makeup you might not necessarily need. But why not make sure that what you’re investing in is going to be worth throwing away your paycheck? Here are eight makeup products you won’t regret purchasing, and will actually use enough to maybe justify their price.

1. The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette by Too Faced – $49

Getting one good eyeshadow palette will last you forever, and will help if you want to put in a little extra effort once in awhile! The Naked palettes get a lot of social media love, but I personally prefer the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. Almost every color is usable (no gross snake green is present here), and they blend really easily. Also, it smells like chocolate!

2. Highlight and Blush Compact by Becca x Jaclyn Hill – $38

These compacts not only have great reviews, but you get a high quality blush and highlight powder for the price you would pay for the same solo highlighter compact. If you are going to invest in a highlighter and/or blush, this is what to go for!

3. Translucent Setting Powder by Laura Mercier – $38

This might seem a little pointless, but if you are someone who regularly wears foundation for long periods of time (like getting up early for class and wanting it to last as long as possible), this product will change your makeup game. Additionally, it’s great for mid-day touch ups! Also, while it is expensive, you get a lot of product.

4. Brow Wiz by Anastasia Beverly Hills – $21

We all know it: eyebrows are such an important part of framing your face. This product is easy to use, and looks super natural. Also, if you never usually touch your eyebrows, use a light hand with this– it makes a huge difference!

5. Amuse Bouche Lipstick by Bite Beauty – $26

Having a good, quality, go-to lipstick seems essential to every makeup lover’s collection. These from Bite Beauty come in a very wide range of colors (from a striking dark green called ‘Kale’ to a beautiful subtle rose-toned nude called ‘Fig’), and have serious lasting power!

6. Super Enhancing Mascara Base by Lancome – $25.50

Okay, okay– hear me out. For regular black or brown mascara, I am 100% an advocate for drugstore products. Maybelline alone as a bunch of great options. But, you will be honestly shocked at what a difference this strange while mascara base makes. It really does make your lashes longer, and so much thicker!

*prices taken from Sephora.com

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.