5 Fun Ways for Couples to Spend Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Couple’s Spa Day

Cynthea’s Spa on Church St. has an array of indulgent spa options. You can enjoy a couple’s massage together for $145.

Just looking for a gift? Get your special someone the “Student Care Package.” $100 gets them a 60-minute Swedish Massage and a Foot Treatment or Facial.

Classic Dinner and Flowers

Another great way to spend Valentine’s Day is on a classic dinner date. Downtown Burlington is full of potential restaurants to fit your price range. If you want to get really fancy, try Leunig’s Bistro. If you want to go more casual, but still feel fancy, try the Three Tomatoes. Nothing says “romance” like Italian food and a nice glass of wine, right?

Do you really want to treat your date for the evening? Try cooking dinner. This might be hard in a college residential hall, but it’s less expensive than a restaurant and easier to plan if you both have busy schedules. After all, Valentine’s Day is on a school night this year.

Vermont Teddy Bear Factory has many Valentine’s Day-themed teddy bears. Pick up one and a bouquet of flowers to complete a perfect Valentine’s Day.

Trivia Time

If you are 18+ and have a boyfriend/girlfriend who seems to have an endless stream of fun facts stored in his/her brain, take them to Trivia Night at Nectar’s. It starts at 7 p.m. and goes until 9:30 p.m. Questions are posted on TV screens and read aloud. Topics range from pop culture to history to science, so it doesn’t matter what your major is.

If you are 21+, The Edd with Hash Driveway will be playing at Metronome. Doors open at 9 p.m. and tickets are $10 for a couple and $6 for singles. It’s really just fiscally responsible to go with your date for the evening.

Outdoor Adventure

Looking for something less traditional to do? Bolton Valley Resort offers “Tele Thursdays.” It is a night of skiing under the lights and learning to free-heel ski. Hosted by Eastern Mountain Sport, $40 includes lesson and equipment. You’ll need to get lift tickets ($29 for the night with a student I.D.) and pre-register at emsexploration.com.

Looking to Laugh

It’s open mic night at Levity in Burlington. Comedians from around the area will be performing for your entertainment and possibly poking fun at all the awkward couples in the room. Consider bringing your date and enjoying a night of laughter. People always say the best accessory is a smile, so why not put one on your date’s face for the evening?

If your date is more into music, head to Red Square. The night will start off with the Zach Dupont Trio (Folk) and by 10 p.m., you can head to the blue room to dance to DJ Cre8.

Photo courtesy of http://reclaimyourpower.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Couple-holding-hands-in-snow.jpg

Lauren Mazzoleni is a junior at Saint Michael's College where she majors in Digital Arts, Media Studies, and Journalism and minors in Psychology. Lauren and Alexandra Brenock are the two campus correspondents for Saint Michael's HC Branch. At Saint Michael's, she is a student blogger, a tour guide, and a disc jockey at WWPV 88.7 FM. Many of her friends would say that when she is not busy attending her classes or working on HC articles, you could find her watching many of the shows she always DVRs (Glee, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, etc), shopping on Church Street in downtown Burlington, and hanging out with her friends from Saint Michael's and from her hometown in NH.