photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

5 Atypical Places To Try In Burlington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Feeling bored and looking for someplace fun to go? Check out these places in Burlington this weekend!

1.     B. Good

This adorable restaurant at 92 Church Street specializes in healthy alternatives to fast food! The space is incredibly clean, the staff is kind, and the food is amazing! Their salads are my absolute favorite; try the Caesar salad! So many times after a week of dining hall food, I find myself craving fresh produce. This is the place to get it!

2.     City Market

This small grocery store at 82 South Winooski Avenue reminds me a lot of Whole Foods. However, with many local products, this store proudly display all our community in Vermont has to offer. From fresh goat soap to locally baked bread, its hard to walk out of City Market without straying from your shopping list.

3.     Zinnia

This store at 57 Church Street sells a wide variety of jewelry. From more delicate pieces to the more exaggerated, anyone can find the perfect accessory here! With options available at every price level, anyone would love to shop for jewelry here.

4.     Saratoga Olive Oil

While you may not typically go into a store dedicated to selling olive oil, you should definitely check this store at 86 Church Street out! It is filled with a wide variety of oils and vinegars with bread to sample. You can find the perfect gift for any cook in your family and get to expand your taste pallet at the same time! I recently tried the peach white balsamic vinegar; it was AMAZING!

5.     Crow Book Shop

Located at 14 Church Street, this book store sells both new copies and used of any book you could imagine. With old wooden shelves and beautiful editions, any book-lover would be in heaven here. My favorite section is the children’s section, which places a variety of books from our childhood on display!

Typically, when I take the bus down to Church Street, I stick to my typical lunch-spot and stores. While those are all still wonderful, it’s even more fun to expand your horizons and try these interesting places that you might not have earlier tried!

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.