10 Things to Do in VT When it’s Horrendously Frigid Outside

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.
Due to how cold it has been recently, it seems ridiculous to go outside! With that being said, here are a few ideas for what to do when you are couped up on a cold day.  
  1. Make hot drinksHot chocolate, tea, mocha coffee; all of these are great options for yummy hot drinks! Plus, they will help warm you up.
  2. Read a good book

Being stuck inside is a great excuse to finally read that book that has been stuck on your nightstand forever! Or you can go online and download one of the New York Times best sellers so that you can chat with your coworkers and peers about them. Some suggestions include: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, and All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.

3. Take a nap! There is nothing better than nesting in your cozy blankets and taking a long, relaxing nap. And guess what? Being stuck inside when it’s cold outside is the perfect excuse to do this!

4. Take a bubble bath Taking a bubble bath is one of the most relaxing, self-pampering activities that you can do for yourself! To get the most out of your experience, light some candles and get some good products (Lush is a great, cruelty-free option!) to complete your experience!

5. HomeworkNot being able to go outside is one way to cut out distractions and buckle down and get your homework done! Actually do all of your reading for class.

6. Pick up a new hobby (knitting!)Once you have exhausted all of the usual things that you do, try something new! Knitting is a great option, because it not only occupies your mind but also will benefit you when you do decide to venture outside!

7. Clean out your closet / room. Cleaning out your personal space is a great way to feel productive! And you will have something to show for your efforts.

8. Bake cute treats! Actually make some of the countless recipes that you have saved on Pinterest! Now is a great time to just go for it.

9. Snuggle up with a movie. Snuggling up with the a great show or movie is a classic for a reason.

10. Listen to a podcast! Listening to a podcast is a great way to have engaging background noise in your environment! It works well for when you are cooking, doing homework, or cleaning! This is especially helpful if you are in a music slump. Some good podcasts to start you off include: Serial, Stuff You Should Know, This American Life, and Not Too Deep.