5 Things That Make Winter the Best Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

Now that Halloween is over, it’s time to get ready for the best season of all!

1. Snow!

There’s nothing better than the rush of joy you get when you look out the window and see that white dusting of the first snow of the season on the ground. You might not be rushing to put on your snow pants and mittens and go out and play in it like when you were little, but there’s just something so exhilarating about how still the world seems after snowfall, and about hearing the crunch of snow under your boots (or other winter-appropriate footwear)!

2. There are so many new wardrobe opportunities

Though sometimes it can be a hassle to have to bundle up when you wake up late and need to leave for class, winter brings so many opportunities for you to dress up every day! Whether it’s with a cute new pair of duck boots, a cozy scarf, or a pair of fuzzy socks, there’s always opportunity to dress for the season!

3. Holiday drinks!

Everyone knows that one of the best parts of winter is being able to go inside and cozy up with a mug of your favorite wintry beverage—whether it be hot cocoa, peppermint tea, a Starbucks Caramel Brulée latte, or even some eggnog. Winter is the perfect time to settle down with a blanket draped around your shoulders and savor the moment!

4. Winter activities!

Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you have to hole up in your room and be bored until spring! Winter brings some of the most fun activities you can enjoy with your friends. Go to an outdoor ice-skating rink, have an impromptu snowball fight, go sledding, or even try your hand at making your own gingerbread men and houses from scratch!

5. Last, but not least…the holiday season!

The most obvious association with winter is the holiday season… Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Christmas all contribute to what makes winter so special. The fact that you can spend so much time with those you love, whether it be stuffing yourself full of turkey or latkes or cookies, singing along with each other to carols, or sitting down to enjoy a classic movie, the holidays make winter so much more than just the coldest season—they make it the season most full of love.