jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things to Do this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

Looking for some ideas on where to take your friend group this upcoming semester? Have no fear, we have your back.

1. The Lantern Fest

If you’re looking for an unforgettable night in the fall, watch the sky light up with thousands of lanterns at the Lantern Fest. Located at Brookdale Farms in Eureka, Missouri, you can light up lanterns with others and watch as it floats up into the sky and light up the night on November 4th.

For more information and tickets, visit http://www.thelanternfest.com/.

2. Haunted houses.

What’s fall without Halloween? If you love the thrill and adrenaline kick you get from walking through a creepy, spooky building, this is the perfect fall activity for you. St. Louis has quite a few haunted houses to offer, so check them out and be prepared to scream all night long.

3. Apple picking.

There’s just something about picking a fresh apple right from its tree that makes it taste a whole lot better. Since the fall months is when apples tend to ripen, head over to a local apple farm such as Eckert’s Farm and experience this sensational feeling for yourself. Even if you don’t like apples, these places usually have other fun farm activities for you to enjoy on a beautiful fall day.

4. Visit Forest Park.

You’d be surprised how many people I’ve talked to on campus that have never been to Forest Park. No matter what season it is, Forest Park is a place everyone needs to experience. As one of the largest urban parks in the United States it has so much to offer including an art museum and zoo that is free of admission. Consider taking a stroll or even enjoying a picnic on Art Hill at this massive park and enjoy the crisp fall air and beautiful views.

5. Taste of St. Louis

This one is for all you foodies. If you’ve ever wanted to get a taste of some of St. Louis’ most popular restaurants and the food they have to offer, this is the place for you. From September 15-17, you can try an array of different foods from local St. Louis area favorites all in one location. Whether you are feeling Mexican, Brazilian, Thai or maybe even a sweet treat, Taste of St. Louis has something that will cater to your tastebuds. Best of all, admission is FREE and food prices range from $2-$8, so nothing too much to break the bank.

Writer for HerCampus at SLU.
Founder and former Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Saint Louis University. Graduating in May 2020 with degrees in Public Health and Women's and Gender Studies. Committed to learning about and spreading awareness for a more self-aware public health field, intersectional feminism, and college radio. Retweet this bio and enter a drawing for a free smartphone!