etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Shows I’ve Been Loving Recently

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

1. Riverdale

Although I’ll admit that Riverdale is an extremely cliche show, it’s definitely one of my guilty pleasures. For those that haven’t seen it, Riverdale takes place in the same universe as the Archie Comics as well as the Betty and Veronica series. It centers around high school students trying to solve the murder of their fellow classmate, Jason Blossom. Would definitely recommend watching on a rainy afternoon day when you don’t have a lot of school work to do.

1. Twin Peaks

I’ll be honest and say that I jumped on the Twin Peaks bandwagon for the #aesthetic because all my edgy friends were watching it, but it’s actually an amazing show. It’s set in the Pacific Northwest, and makes a stark comparison to the generally plain scenery of the Midwest. Once again, this show is set around trying to find the murderer of beloved teen, Laura Palmer. This isn’t a fast-paced show, but has a very weird sense of humor that I enjoy very much.

1. Godless

This is a show I’ve recently started watching, and I’m loving it so far! It’s about a town in the Western United States during the “cowboy” times that’s made up completely of women. I’ve only seen the first two episodes so far, but the mini-series has received amazing ratings so I’m definitely going to finish it!

1. Alias Grace

Another show I recently started watching, Alias Grace is based on the Margaret Atwood novel of the same name. Margaret Atwood is an amazing author, and wrote The Handmaid’s Tale, one of my favorite books and TV shows. Alias Grace follows the story of Grace Marks, a maid in 19th-century Canada who is accused of murdering her previous employer (why do all these TV shows involve murderesses?), and the psychiatrist that is attempting to prove her innocence. Would highly recommend if you’re at all interested in psychology!

1. The Jersey Shore.

My final show is an all-time favorite for me, and it’s The Jersey Shore. This show is severely underappreciated and I have mad beef with anyone that writes it off as trashy, even though it definitely has trashy qualities. My friend and I have a new tradition of getting together every weekend to watch it, eat hot cheetos, and drink La Croix; it’s amazing. It’s the perfect show to put on if you’re looking for something funny to watch with your friends, and I know that I’ll be watching the spin-off premiering soon!

Link

Hey there! My name is Brigid and I'm a sophomore at Saint Louis University where I am majoring in Communications and Biological Anthropology. When I'm not working or going to school I like to go to concerts, watch movies, and listen to the Seinfeld baseline on a 12-hour loop. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram (@loaf_boy) for glimpses into my extremely confusing life narrative.
Founder and former Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Saint Louis University. Graduating in May 2020 with degrees in Public Health and Women's and Gender Studies. Committed to learning about and spreading awareness for a more self-aware public health field, intersectional feminism, and college radio. Retweet this bio and enter a drawing for a free smartphone!