This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

1. Comparing yourself to others

No one has been through what you have, nor going where you’re going in life. So comparing yourself to what others are doing will only serve to make you feel inadequate for no reason. People have ups and downs at different times, so just because you’re down right now doesn’t mean you always will be.

2. Stressing about things you cannot control

One thing I have learned is that you truly can only control what you yourself can do. If it is out of your control, let the worry go. You will be strong enough to handle whatever the results may be, so try not to stress the small stuff too much.

3. Fearing the future

The future can seem daunting and scary as a college student. Most of us don’t even know what we want for dinner, let alone what we want to do with the rest of our lives. But focusing on this fear can hinder yourself from fully enjoying where you are right now. Things will happen how they happen regardless of us fearing it, so we might as well accept whatever the future holds.

4. Procrastinating schoolwork

Every end of the semester brings the “I should have done better in my classes” guilt with it. And every new semester brings the “this time im actually going to stay on top of things” motivation. But three different binge-watched shows later, somehow this motivation is forgotten and the same thing happens all over again. Stop this cycle, and make next semester truly the best one yet.

Breakfast sandwich enthusiast, dog lover, and writer for Her Campus at Saint Louis University.