Why Juan Pablo Might Be the Worst Bachelor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

You hate yourself for watching it, but it’s a guilty pleasure. The latest season of The Bachelor just wrapped up, and we can’t help but admit that we followed and indulged in the adventures, laughs, and tears. Although we love Juan Pablo–and his accent–we got a reality check from Andi about Juan Pablo and the show itself.

We seem to get side-swept by the little daughter (Camila) that he has, thinking that a father as sweet as he is couldn’t be capable of evil. What can we say; we love to hate the bachelor. But, this season’s of The Bachelor has made several concerns more visible. We saw the TRUE colors of Juan Pablo, and we weren’t falling head over heels. Here’s why:

Juan Pablo is too in love with himself. He didn’t care about the other people on the show, least of all the women.

Juan Pablo slut shamed Clare earlier in the season, much to his handlers’ displeasure:

And nobody seems to remember.

He sent Cassandra home on her birthday…

Sharleen decided Juan Pablo might be too dumb for her:

Juan Pablo got dumped by TWO women (Sharleen and Andi):

Juan Pablo said Andi made it by default… EXCUSE ME?

And Andi spoke the truth:

So Juan Pablo responded, “It’s okay.”

The overnight dates happened on three consecutive nights…

The girls had a sheep poop fight on a date. Is that really even fun?

And let’s not forget Juan Pablo and his anti-gay comments:

From the past 17 seasons, only one man is married to the woman he chose… and that man is Sean Lowe of the last Bachelor season. Seriously, doesn’t anyone stay together anymore!? What ever happened to true love, boys? Maybe it’s not Juan Pablo’s fault…

Would YOU want a rose from Juan Pablo?

A senior at Skidmore College, who loves beagles, batman, and sushi. You can find me dreaming about Anderson Cooper and doing crossword puzzles.