Unreal Candy: Why We LOVE It!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

You know that sudden feeling of regret when you choose to eat a candy bar over a healthier option? What if you never had to have that feeling again!

Unreal Candy tastes exactly (and we mean exactly) like regular junk-food candy but it has the unbelievable bonus of all natural ingredients, which makes it lower in sugar, calories and carbs and higher in fiber and protein! Plus, the ingredient list doesn’t include huge words that no one can pronounce or identify (yikes…).

Hereʼs a sample of some ingredients from their version of our favorite M&Mʼs: Chocolate, Skim Milk, Cocoa Butter, Cane Sugar, Vanilla Extract, and Beeswax. We’re sure you agree that it’s super refreshing to see such a simple, understandable, ingredient list! Even better, the hard candy shells are dyed with Beetroot juice, Turmeric Root Extract, and Purple Cabbage Juice! Goodbye, Red Dye #40!

So far, Unreal Candy has “unjunked” versions of Peanut M&Mʼs, M&Mʼs, Snickers, Milky Ways, and Reeseʼs Peanut Butter Cups (Yes!). We tried each one and instantly forgot that we weren’t eating our favorite junk food candy. These are incredible! Want to see for yourself? Come to D-Hall on Feb. 13 between 11:30 and 2:30 for a pre-Valentines Day freebee! You won’t experience that common feeling of candy regret and your body will thank you!

Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.