Ultimate Fall 2012 Fashion Trends Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

As the leaves change from green to orange and eventually fall, it is time for us to embrace the shift in the fashion world that comes with the progression of the seasons. While it’s always sad to remove the summer prints from your closet, we found ways to add a little fun to your fall wardrobe with the hottest items to keep you on trend.

Snakeskin
After embracing our wild side with animal prints during the spring and summer, this season is all about snakeskin. Whether you go for a top, a clutch, or shoes, there are lots of ways to incorporate this fun pattern into your ensemble.

Vince Camuto Artisan Matte Snakeskin Blouse, Zappos.com ($69)

Wild Things Clutch, Nasty Gal ($38)

Watersnake Eddie Ballet Flat, Tory Burch ($250)

[pagebreak]

Ankle Boots
Throw some ankle boots on over your leggings or skinny jeans to give your outfit an edgy and sexy look.

Gypsy Boots, Joie ($350)

Zippered Booties, Forever 21 ($34)

Ecote Alexandra Suede Ankle Boot, Urban Outfitters ($69)

[pagebreak]

Army Jackets
This trend is a perfect way to keep warm before it’s time to pull out our heavy down jackets for the winter.

Canvas Military Jacket, Gap ($79)

Hinge Army Jacket, Nordstrom ($98)

Womens Military Parka Jacket, True Religion ($398)

Vintage Button Front Army Jacket, Barneys ($289)

[pagebreak]

Colors
From dresses and denim to shoes and nails, these are the colors you will see everywhere this fall.

Oxblood

Lacy Not Racy, Essie

Raegan Dress, All Saints ($275)

[pagebreak]

Orange

David & Young Sheer Floral Scarf, Nordstrom ($8)

Sweater, H&M ($29)

Fade Out Shades, Nasty Gal ($40)

[pagebreak]

Olympian Blue

Blue My Mind, OPI ($5)

Joe’s Jeans, Shopbop ($158)

Milani Olympian Blue Eyeshadow, Temptalia ($5)

Repetto, Net-A-Porter ($270)

From investment pieces to trendy steals, there are infinite ways to bring the 2012 fall fashion trends to your wardrobe this season!

Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.