Skidmore HC takes the Women’s March!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

If you follow us on instagram (if you don’t, you should @hcskidmore ), you’d know that members of Skidmore’s Her Campus chapter took Women’s Marches across the country by storm. There were Women’s Marches in every city from D.C. to Nairobi in Kenya. Millions, literally millions, of women from across the globe gathered to march for their reproductive rights, environmental reasons, lgbtq rights, the Black Lives Matter movement, and more.

This march was not a direct response to Donald Trump’s inauguration, but it was no coincidence either. Trump and his cabinet’s plans have included policies that would threaten the lives and livelihoods of hundreds of millions of Americans.

So, as proud women and supporters of all those marching, the women of Her Campus Skidmore grabbed their signs and strapped on their sneakers and hit the streets. Below you’ll find some pictures of our amazing crew at the marches in New York, D.C., and Boston, along with some fun signs we all spotted.

HC members Zoe ‘19 and Delaney ‘19 pose with some friends at the Women’s March in New York City.

Pictured here is our incredible CC Gwen marching in style in New York. 

Sarah ‘17 holds an amazing sign quoting our hero Hillary Clinton as she marches in Boston.

I spotted this beautiful sign at the march on Washington and had to snap a pic. I would actually hang it on the wall in my room it is so gorgeous.

Emma Bernstein

Skidmore '19

Senior polisci major with a passion for matcha, Cristiano Ronaldo, late-night political comedy, and bucket hats.
English Major and Business Minor at Skidmore College and new Co-CC of Skidmore HC. Spends free time hanging out with friends, taking yoga classes and dancing, and admittedly binge-watching her favorite Netflix shows.