Skidmore Halloween Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Skidmore collegiettes are known for being a fashionable bunch. Every day we stroll the streets of Saratoga Springs in thrift store finds, Lucia splurges, vintage pieces, DIY masterpieces, and the cream of the Forever21/H&M crop. Sometimes, though, we can get a little one-note. Scratch that–all of the time. Let’s be honest: there are only so many time that you can say, “You look so cute!” to a girl wearing the tights/socks/lace-up-boots/chunky sweater/denim jacket uniform that you start to realize that everyone around you looks just a little too cute (or at least, too similar). To coin a phrase from Gretchen Weiners, we can’t help it that we’re fashionable, but that means we get a little repetitive.

Fortunately, every year, there’s one night that allows Skiddies to mix things up and wear whatever the heck they want (if anything): the night of Moorebid Ball. Whether you were one of the privileged few who scored a ticket, threw your own anti-Moorebid bash, or partied your costume-covered butt off at MINE that night, chances are you saw some crazy-cute costumes. Check out some of our favorite Skidmore collegiette costumes of Halloween 2013!

From left to right: Rachel Comp ’15 as a ringmaster and HC Contributing Writer Ileana Paules-Bronet ’15 as an 80s workout girl

Elsa Nilert ’16 as a vampire

From left to right: HC President & Editor-in-Chief Kate Moriarty ’14, HC Vice President Leah Wolff ’14, HC Contributing Writer Robyn Baird ’14, Brianna Wellen ’14, and Angelica Tsakas ’14 as the Spice Girls

[pagebreak]

From left to right: HC Contributing Writer Sara Pion ’17 as the Cookie Monster, Sophie Weissbourd ’17 as a bunny, and Emma Hitch ’17 as an elephant

From left to right: Liz Porfido ’14 as Miley, Alex McGlinchy ’14 as Miley, Kaitlin Guerin ’14 as Miley, and Sarah Dinkelacker ’14 as Miley

From left to right: Emily Damon ’15 and Nicole Sue ’15 as Lilo and Stitch

From left to right: Julia Devlin ’16 and Greer Cohen ’16 as dead girls

Which of these Skidmore Halloween styles do you like best? Tell us in the comments!

Kate is the Associate Editor of Her Campus. Before joining the staff full-time, Kate was the Campus Correspondent for the HC Skidmore College chapter as well as an editorial intern, Love editor, and national contributing writer for HC. In addition to her work with Her Campus, Kate has been a Sex & Love stringer and digital editorial intern for WomensHealthMag.com and an Inner Circle Trendspotter for MTV. Kate graduated from Skidmore College summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a Bachelor of Arts in English and French. In her spare time, Kate is usually spotted writing fiction, playing tennis, reading pop culture blogs until her eyes hurt, baking cookies, or dreaming up her next travel adventure.