Shop Pink: Best Products for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

October is one of our favorite months for so many reasons, including all of our favorite “basic” hobbies like frolicking in the beautifully changing leaves and consuming everything pumpkin flavored that we can get our hands on. October is also an incredibly important month because it is also known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As pink is the color of Breast Cancer awareness, it is easy to show your support for victims and survivors, as well as families and friends of loved ones affected by this pervasive disease.

We’ve rounded up a list of our favorite pink products that will not only help you spread awareness, but also help donate to various research institutions and organizations:

Pink Accessories and Beauty Products:

1. Zenni Optical: “Zenni Pink”

The online optical brand offers two affordable and stylish pink frames to support the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. The frames, complete with lenses, are about $30.00 and a portion of the proceeds from your purchase will go toward the organization’s efforts to provide women across the country with mammograms. You also have the option to volunteer for the organization or to sponsor an individual campaign crusading against breast cancer. 

You can find them exclusively here: http://www.zennioptical.com/zennipink#shop-pink 

2. OPI “Pink of Hearts Nail Polish”

This shimmery color was created specifically for Breast Cancer Awareness Month in coordination with the Susan G. Komen Foundation. OPI pledged to donate $25,000 to the charity.

3. Ralph Lauren “Pink Pony Candle”

Who doesn’t love a great-smelling candle to keep you warm as the October chill sets in? This lovely Ralph Lauren candle has a warm, floral scent and a sleek black and pink design.       

4. Sonia Kashuk Tool Kit

This is one of my personal favorite items on the list: a travel makeup case created by breast cancer survivor Sonia Kashuk. The kit is great for collegiates on the go and it makes a great gift. You can’t go wrong!

The Perfect Pink Athletic Products:

5. “Cure So Hard” Tank, NiceTee.com

This awesome tank sends a clear and positive message about the fight to bring an end to breast cancer.

6. Wilson Pink Hope Tennis Balls

These tennis balls are not only the perfect shade of baby pink that makes them easy to locate on the court, they also show your dedication to eradicating breast cancer. Wilson pledges to donate $250,000 to Breast Cancer Research, regardless of their profit. That’s what we call a true winner.

7. Adidas Aktiv Cropped Leggings

Look stylish and work out your hardest while also showing your support for Breast Cancer Awareness. Find them now at Adidas.com! 

8. S’well Pink Champagne Water Bottle  

Never forget to hydrate! Now you can stay fueled, environmentally friendly, and supportive of Breast Cancer Research… there’s nothing stopping you! This BPA-free water bottle has a sophisticated silhouette in a subtle pink hue. Twenty percent of the proceeds from your purchase will go towards a research organization for Breast Cancer. Get it at Swellbottle.com. 

English Major and Business Minor at Skidmore College and new Co-CC of Skidmore HC. Spends free time hanging out with friends, taking yoga classes and dancing, and admittedly binge-watching her favorite Netflix shows.