This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Name: Rachel Comp
Class Year: 2015
Major: Geosciences
Minor: Environmental Studies
Hometown: New Rochelle, Westchester, NY
Hobbies: horseback riding, working out, geocaching, singing

Where do you usually like to shop?
Forever 21 is my favorite store. I also love shopping at little boutiques since you never know what awesome clothing they’ll have. My guilty pleasure is Free People. I always say how if and when I have money to throw out the window, I’ll make my entire closet full of their clothing. 

Who is your style inspiration?
Probably my friends. They all have such amazing taste in clothing, and they always help me find the best outfits when we go shopping together

Which season is your favorite for fashion?
Spring, hands down. Dresses and skirts are my absolute favorite articles of clothing. 

What’s one thing in your closet you couldn’t live without?
My Kate Spade Flats. I got them for my birthday this year and I’m a little obsessed with them. They’re plain black, super comfy, and go with just about anything for any occasion. They’re the perfect flat.

Do you have any style advice you want to share with people?​
I think everyone should have a nice splash of color in their closets. A few of my friends and relatives always wear such neutral shades, and I always complain that they need more color. Color will keep anyone from looking too washed out. There’s a type of color out there for every skin tone and hair color, be it pastels, royals, or even neons, you just have to branch out!
Ileana is a senior at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York. She lives in Eugene, Oregon when not at school. Ileana is studying Sociology and English. She loves writing, decorating clothing, and spending time with friends. You can also check out her personal blog at http://sometimesiweartiaras.wordpress.com/. Thanks for reading!