Nicole Beloyianis ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Name: Nicole Beloyianis

Class Year: 2014

Major: French

Hometown: NYC

Hobbies: Restaurant-going, recipe-reading, experimenting with food

Relationship Status: In a relationship

What’s your spirit animal and why?

I would be some sort of bird. I grew up with parakeets and parrots instead of cats or dogs because some of my relatives are allergic to fur. Birds surprisingly have extremely distinctive personalities and are incredibly intelligent, but most importantly, who wouldn’t want to fly?

What do you notice first in a guy?

The sound of his voice.

What’s the craziest/coolest thing you did while studying abroad?

Played in the beloved fountain of Belgium’s Mannekin Pis after hours.

What can you absolutely not live without?

A comfortable bed to sleep in.

Which Disney princess would you be and why?

Pocahontas. Though most people associate me with Ariel because of our shared red hair color, when I was four years old I desperately wanted dark hair like Pocahontas. Even though I am a city girl, I revel in the moments when I feel attuned to nature (just like Pocahontas sings about in “Colors of the Wind”).

If you could give a freshman one piece of advice, what would it be?

Relish every moment possible, the good and the bad. These four years of learning, friendship and self-exploration are so valuable and will be over in the blink of an eye.

Kate is the Associate Editor of Her Campus. Before joining the staff full-time, Kate was the Campus Correspondent for the HC Skidmore College chapter as well as an editorial intern, Love editor, and national contributing writer for HC. In addition to her work with Her Campus, Kate has been a Sex & Love stringer and digital editorial intern for WomensHealthMag.com and an Inner Circle Trendspotter for MTV. Kate graduated from Skidmore College summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a Bachelor of Arts in English and French. In her spare time, Kate is usually spotted writing fiction, playing tennis, reading pop culture blogs until her eyes hurt, baking cookies, or dreaming up her next travel adventure.