Megan Schachter ’17, SGA VP of Club Affairs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Name: Megan Schachter

Class Year: 2017

Major: Government

Hometown: Bronx, NY

HC: When did you first get involved in SGA and why?

Megan: I got involved with SGA a few weeks into my freshman year. My friend, Hannah, told me that SGA was having an open senate and there would be free Chipotle. Then I got excited about making big decisions and positively changing Skidmore and ran for Senator-at-Large.

HC: Can you tell us about your current role as Vice President of Club Affairs?

Megan: I oversee all SGA clubs, guide new clubs through the SGA club chartering process, plan many club related events, and sit on the SGA Executive Committee. Basically, I attend A LOT of meetings.

HC: What exciting things are going on in SGA that you can tell us about?

Megan: Well, things that are exciting for a government nerd may not be exciting for everyone else. Just kidding!! We are doing a ton of stuff including, launching a campaign against sexual assault on this campus, working to create better awareness of events on campus, and increase collaboration among clubs. We also recently passed new travel policies; which will apply to all clubs and any student applying to an SGA fund. Planning is underway for Junior Ring Weekend. We launched an Inclusion Task force. Those are just a few examples.

HC: What’s your favorite thing you’ve done with SGA so far?

Megan: One of my absolute favorite things was organizing Club Fair this year. I know it happens every year, but it was so great to see how dedicated the student body is and how many interests and talents there are here. I am constantly impressed that Club Fair displays that all in one place.

HC: How do you hope to make further meaningful changes to the campus in the future?

Megan: This sounds vague and corny, however, my end goal in all of my work with SGA is to empower students to do whatever they want, make them excited about the school they attend, and leave it in a better place than when they came.

We want to thank Megan and the entire student body of SGA for the hard work they do and we look forward to seeing what other awesome things they do in the future!

English Major and Business Minor at Skidmore College and new Co-CC of Skidmore HC. Spends free time hanging out with friends, taking yoga classes and dancing, and admittedly binge-watching her favorite Netflix shows.