Lily Esposito, ’20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Name: Lily 

Class Year: 2020

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Major: Environmental Studies

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

LE: I’m the compost manager for the Sustainability Office and the publicist for Outing Club.

HC: What made you want to get involved with Outing Club?

LE:  My family has always focused on buying local and being outside in whatever capacity we can despite being in a city, and that influenced me to join Outing Club when I came to college. As a freshman I noticed that we were missing a big chunk of Skidmore students because we didn’t have any social media accounts, and so I offered to start running those accounts. They offered to make a new position for me called Social Media Manager and gave me that job.

HC: And what about your position with the Sustainability Office?

LE: My parents have a composter at home and a really healthy relationship with growing their own food. When I was a freshman I knew I wanted to be part of the Sustainability Office because I knew it was something I was passionate about.

HC: How can Skidmore students get involved with either the Outing Club or the Sustainability Office?

LE: Every Friday at 3pm we meet on the Case couches for Skidmore Compost. For Outing Club, we have events every weekend and you can sign up on Skidsync or come to meetings every Sunday in Bolton 282!

HC: What’s your favorite thing about Skidmore?

LE: There’s a little something for everyone. All of the different aspects of who I am can be represented within some group or club. There’s something that caters to the needs of all the facets of myself.

Lily at her favorite hiking spot, Indian Head and Fish Hawk Cliffs in Adirondack Park!

Morgan Fechter

Skidmore '20

CC of HC Skidmore