Ileana Paules-Bronet ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Our very own Ileana Paules-Bronet is taking over as Campus Correspondent this semester for Skidmore’s chapter of Her Campus. We sat down with her to talk about Her Campus and what she wants to do with it this semester!

Name: Ileana Paules-Bronet

Class: 2015

Major: Sociology major, English minor

Hometown: Eugene, Oregon

Her Campus: How did you get involved in Her Campus?

Ileana: I started writing for Her Campus last fall before I went abroad to Cape Town, South Africa. I had such an amazing time working with all the HC girls and getting involved with the website, so I knew I wanted to play a bigger role in our chapter if I had the opportunity. 

HC: Why are you a part of Her Campus?

Ileana: I’m part of Her Campus because I love writing and I love the community of Her Campus. Because it’s an international website with college chapters, it’s easy to get involved both on Skidmore’s campus and with other writers nationwide and across the globe.

HC: What are your hopes and goals for Her Campus Skidmore this semester?

Ileana: This semester I hope to get more writers and more readers for Her Campus. I think a lot of people still don’t know that Her Campus has a lot of amazing writers and funny, relatable articles, and I would love to get more people involved. We are also going to try to raise money for charities this semester through bake sales and events, and we’d love to get more involved with both the Skidmore community and the local community of Saratoga.

HC: Why should people join Her Campus Skidmore?

Ileana: People should join Her Campus because it’s truly an amazing group of people, it’s a great way to make new friends, and a fun way to get your written work published on a reputable website. Whether you’re interested in getting involved in writing, publishing, editing, marketing and advertising, social media, or just looking to make a bunch of awesome new friends, Her Campus would love to have you!

A senior at Skidmore College, who loves beagles, batman, and sushi. You can find me dreaming about Anderson Cooper and doing crossword puzzles.