HC Skidmore’s The Bachelor Picks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

I never thought I’d say this, but I look forward to Mondays. Not because I’m excited to go to class or anything stupid like that, but because Monday = Bachelor. That’s right. I’m a proud supporter of the Bachelor and all of its related franchises. The summer isn’t really the summer without BIP (Bachelor in Paradise) and nothing says feminism like watching hot guys duke it out for the Bachelorette’s heart. However, my personal favorite C.Harrison run spectacle is the Bachelor. Below I’ve listed my top 5 favorite contestants with reasons why they’re by far the best.

1. Danielle M. She’s sweet, gorgeous, humble, and so above the drama. She tends to be a little boring but that’s coming from me, a girl who praises Are U The One for being quality television.

2. Alexis. Alexis is a QUEEN! She entered wearing a straight shark costume (which she insisted was a dolphin costume) and is still in the game. All hail Alexis for embracing her weird and being fierce as all hell.

3. Corinne. I respect the heck out of Corinne. Is she immature? Yes. Is she aggressive? Definitely. But she knows what she wants and is not afraid to go after it. She is kicking butt and taking names. And guys…do I see you owning a multi-million dollar company, ordering around Raquel to make you cheese pasta AND being on the Bachelor? No. You do you Corinne.

4. Danielle L. This girl got a one-on-one in which they “ran into” Nick’s ex and had to talk to her… And she was totally cool about it! She also knows how to remain calm during what is widely considered the most cringey serenade of all time. Keep it up Danielle.

5. Raven. Raven is fine. Her accent gives me a migraine but she got along really well with Nick’s family which was super super cute.

Emma Bernstein

Skidmore '19

Senior polisci major with a passion for matcha, Cristiano Ronaldo, late-night political comedy, and bucket hats.
Gwen is a senior, English major, and co-CC of Her Campus Skidmore. She spends a lot of time watching Pretty Little Liars and Fixer Upper, listening to music, staring at her comptuer screen and wishing words would come easier, and waiting for the New York Islanders to win another Stanley Cup (preferably at the Coli). Also, she really likes cheese and is trying to learn to skateboard. It's not going very well.