Ecem Alçın ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Campus Cutie Ecem Alçın, Class of 2014

Name: Ecem Alçın

Class Year: 2014

Major: Theatre

Hometown: Istanbul, Turkey

Hobbies: People watching, writing, photography, jewelry making, painting my nails in grandma colors, dreaming of my next meal

Relationship Status: Single

Describe your ultimate dream date.

The plot of the movie Before Sunrise.

Favorite movie?

The Hours.

Favorite ice cream flavor?

Coffee.

What do you notice first in a guy?

His height.

What’s your spirit animal?

I guess I would be a wolf. I am sort of a lone wolf.

Which Disney princess would you be and why?

I was never into Disney princesses, but I remember really loving Mulan when I first saw it. I love her self-reliance. Also I, too, have gotten myself into awkward situations plenty of times due to my clumsiness.

What is number one on your senior year bucket list?

I still haven’t hit the train tracks!

If you could give a freshman one piece of advice, what would it be?

Laundry is like studying. It’s a lot easier in smaller, more frequent loads.

Do you know someone who would make a great Campus Cutie? Nominate him or her in an email to katemoriarty@hercampus.com!

Kate is the Associate Editor of Her Campus. Before joining the staff full-time, Kate was the Campus Correspondent for the HC Skidmore College chapter as well as an editorial intern, Love editor, and national contributing writer for HC. In addition to her work with Her Campus, Kate has been a Sex & Love stringer and digital editorial intern for WomensHealthMag.com and an Inner Circle Trendspotter for MTV. Kate graduated from Skidmore College summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a Bachelor of Arts in English and French. In her spare time, Kate is usually spotted writing fiction, playing tennis, reading pop culture blogs until her eyes hurt, baking cookies, or dreaming up her next travel adventure.