This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

We all want to add in a few extra veggies, whether it is because we’re vegetarian or we’ve had too much junk food. Here are a few quick and easy recipes anyone can throw together to add a few more veggies to their diet! 

Overnight Chickpea Salad: 1 can of Chickpeas mixed with 1 clove of diced garlic, 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar, and ¼ of a chopped red onion. Let it all sit together overnight and enjoy the next day! 

The same recipe can be used with alternatives; butter beans instead of chickpeas, red wine vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar, etc… 

Sweet Potato Nachos: 1 sweet potato thinly sliced into “chips,” thrown with some Olive Oil, a pinch of Salt and a dash of Pepper. Through these into the oven for about 25 minutes on 400 degrees, or until the edges are golden and they’re no longer raw. Mix together a chopped Red Onion, a can of Black Beans, and a diced Tomato, along with a can of Corn and 4 Radishes thinly sliced. Once the “chips” are done baking, remove from the oven and top with some (optional) Cheddar Cheese and set back in the oven for 5 minutes. Once the cheese is melted, remove and top with your “salsa” and some sliced Avocado. Enjoy! 

“Flatbread” Pizza: Layout a wrap (I prefer FlatOut Flatbread) and top with a drizzle of Olive Oil, along with 1 clove of minced Garlic, chopped Red Onion, and some cooked Shrimp. Sprinkle with some Parmesan if you’re feeling it. Throw it into the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until the onions are slightly caramelized and the cheese is melted.  

Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie: Throw 2 tablespoons of crunchy Peanut Butter, 1 ripe Banana, 2 tablespoons of Flax and Chia Seeds, 1 cup of Unsweetened Coconut Milk, along with 1 tablespoon of Bee Pollen and a handful of Spinach into the blender. Blend for about 45 seconds/1minute and sip away! 

Veggie Burger Wrap: Toss your favorite Veggie Burger on the grill or stovetop and cook until perfection. Slice it into thirds and place on a Whole Wheat wrap. Top with 2 tablespoons of your favorite Salsa, along with some diced Red Onion, half of an Avocado, and some Spinach. Wrap it up and you’re good to go!  

Roasted Sweet Potato Wrap: Cut up a Sweet Potato into 1 inch cubes. Toss with some Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper then throw into the 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Once finished, put a decent amount of the Sweet Potatoes on the wrap, along with ¼ of a chopped Red Onion, 1/3 cup of Black Beans, 1/3 cup of Whole Grain Rice, and ½ of an Avocado. Fold that baby up and you’re ready to enjoy a delicious meal!

Gwen is a senior, English major, and co-CC of Her Campus Skidmore. She spends a lot of time watching Pretty Little Liars and Fixer Upper, listening to music, staring at her comptuer screen and wishing words would come easier, and waiting for the New York Islanders to win another Stanley Cup (preferably at the Coli). Also, she really likes cheese and is trying to learn to skateboard. It's not going very well.