Daniel Kapp ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Thursday’s LINE Art Review Magazine Release Party at the Tang has been in our calendars for months, but no one is more excited than Daniel Kapp, Co-President (alongside Allison Gretchko) and Editor in Chief of LINE. After a full year of hard work, we sat down with Daniel to talk about LINE, the party, and what it’s like to be an Editor-in-Chief.

Name: Daniel Kapp

Year: 2017

Major: Business & French

Hometown: Bedford, New York

Her Campus: So, how did you get involved with LINE?

Daniel: Well, honestly, I remember seeing a really memorable poster hung on Case walkway, advertising the first meeting last year. I nervously went to the meeting in Tisch – I think I was actually the first one there. I liked the vibe a lot and the rest was history. Now I’m here with my stupendous Co-President, Allison Gretchko.

HC: Being an Editor in Chief must be a lot of work. What’s been your favorite part about it?

DK: Despite the hard work, seeing the completed magazine is the most rewarding part. I smile a lot as it is, but haven’t been able to stop over the past few days as the magazine has been printed.

HC: What makes this year’s issue of LINE different from last year’s?

DK: Seriously, good question. I’m a big contemporary art fan, so this year’s issue definitely reflects that. The colors are an important change, too – lot’s of bright and expressive colors that were sort of missing last year.

HC: What do we have to look forward to at the LINE Release Party on Thursday?

DK: What is there not to look forward to, honestly? I couldn’t be more proud of this year’s LINE and that will definitely come across in Thursday’s party. Free copies of LINE, a jazz ensemble, a multitude of incredible Skidmore performers, and free catered food, can you say wow? https://www.facebook.com/events/421909797991171/

HC: Do you have any big plans for LINE’s future? How can we get involved next year?

DK:  Because we’re an annual publication, we hope to have a bigger presence first semester too, with a weekly digital publication covering music events, performances, Case Gallery shows, and whatever else your mind can dream up. Really, we have a place for anyone with an interest in LINE. You don’t have to write to get involved either. We love having a diverse group and that means welcoming every idea that comes our way.  

Come out to the Tang Thursday night from 5-7 to celebrate with LINE. There will be free food!

Gwen is a senior, English major, and co-CC of Her Campus Skidmore. She spends a lot of time watching Pretty Little Liars and Fixer Upper, listening to music, staring at her comptuer screen and wishing words would come easier, and waiting for the New York Islanders to win another Stanley Cup (preferably at the Coli). Also, she really likes cheese and is trying to learn to skateboard. It's not going very well.