Couples Edition: Natasha Thaler ’17 and Samara Weiss ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Name: Natasha Thaler

Year: 2017

Major/Minor: Undeclared English major/media and film studies minor 

Hometown: Brooklyn, NY

Name: Samara Weiss

Year: 2018

Major/Minor: Social Work 

Hometown: Manhattan, NY

Her Campus: How did you first meet?

Natasha: We had been eyeing each other for weeks before we even spoke. Samara was sitting in the first floor common room of Wait and I approached her said I liked her shirt and offered her some of my Kit Kat. We ended up staying up from 11:30 that night to 7:30 the next morning just talking in the Wait common room.

Samara: I had been eyeing Natasha for about 3 weeks. I spoke about her nonstop to all my friends, trying to figure out if she even liked girls. A couple of my friends went to high school with her and told me she had a boyfriend, so I was like: “okay, Samara, get over this girl.” But I just couldn’t. I stalked her for days and even got the courage to add her on Facebook. She was always around my dorm, so one night I decided I would check to see if she was there. As soon as I got to the lobby, I saw her outside. I was too scared to confront her, so I just sat down and started watching TV, hoping that she would see me. Luckily, she did. She bought a Kit Kat (my favorite candy… sign?) and came up to me and said, “I like your shirt. Do you want some Kit Kat?” That’s when it all began.

Her Campus: Who made the first move? 

Natasha: I did  :)

Samara: Much to my chagrin, Natasha. And yes, she still tortures me about that to this day. 

Her Campus: What’s your favorite thing about her?

Natasha: How compassionate she is. It’s amazing to me how kind she is, how much she gives of herself to help others while still caring for herself and still making me feel like I’m the only one in the world to her.

Samara: Her strength.

Her Campus: If you could plan any date, what would it be?

Natasha: We would order pizza (she would finally let me pay) and stay in and watch The L Word and eat pizza. Oh! And Kit Kats, there would definitely have to be Kit Kats involved. 

Samara: That’s an easy one. We would order in pizza (with thick crust) and I’d also have chocolate milk, Kit Kats and Reese’s nearby for dessert. We’d probably get into our pajamas, get comfy, watch The L Word and enjoy all the food. 

Ileana is a senior at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York. She lives in Eugene, Oregon when not at school. Ileana is studying Sociology and English. She loves writing, decorating clothing, and spending time with friends. You can also check out her personal blog at http://sometimesiweartiaras.wordpress.com/. Thanks for reading!