Ben Ginsberg ’18, DHall Date Boy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Ben Ginsberg ’18 became famous when the Yik Yak community picked up on him going all-out on a date at DHall. We’ve got the scoop on what inspired the idea and the advice he has for campus-bound romantics who want to make an evening special. 

Name: Ben Ginsberg

Class year: 2018

Hometown: Ormond by the sea, FL

Majors: undecided

HC: Who did you go on a date with?

BG: Urvi Kalra

HC: What was your inspiration to have the date in Dhall?

BG: It all started with a conversation with several of the international students at dhall. The question was “could you make a good first date at dhall?”

HC: What are the details of the date?

BG: On the blue side, our table was set with flowers, incense, and a beautiful, psychedelic tapestry. To enhance the atmosphere, my friends volunteered to take part in the occasion. Greeting us at the entrance was my hostess Hannah Kent who told us to wait a few minutes for the table to be prepared. Urvi’s laughter and smiling after Hannah’s joke let me know she enjoyed my date idea. When we sat down, my friend Kove Janeski greeted us and took our drink order. Just like a fancy restaurant my waiter allowed time to chat before reciting the dinner menu and taking our order. Since the first serving of drinks was not enough, my good friend Connor Christofferson sported a blazer and pretended to be the manager. After I complimented his waiters, Mr. Manager poured us fancy water that I told him to put on the tab. We were kindly served our main course by the two waiters and later on George Pisano served our desert. Tyler Gadigian added a great touch to my date with his beautiful singing voice and skillful guitar playing.

HC: How does it feel to be Yik Yak famous?

BG: It feels good to be known for something positive, especially since I now have a decent icebreaker.

HC: Are you planning on taking anyone else on a dhall date?

BG: My d-hall date went really well, but I am single. Only time will tell whether I will have another romantic date on campus. I have other date ideas that could be used when proper.

HC: Would you recommend Dhall dates to other Skidmore Students?

BG: If you put a lot of effort towards arranging friends to make the d-hall experience more romantic, go for it. Try a date on the green, especially after winter break. ​