Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

What It's Like to Be a Skidmore Freshman

By Sara Pion
January 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

For all of you collegiettes who forget what it was like your freshman year of college, here is a little refresher! Hopefully it will bring up memories—maybe good, some bad, mostly embarrassing. We sat down with Skidmore freshmen and asked them: What is it like to be a Skidmore freshman? Lindsay Ophel: It’s a good time! My motto is “Fake it ‘til you make it!” Maddi Reynolds: Hard! It’s like being a high school freshman, but we’re done with puberty. READ MORE

Ralph Lauren Resumania

By Kate Moriarty
January 21, 2014 - 10:00am

Are YOU applying for the Summer 2014 Ralph Lauren Corporate Internship? Every year, the company's corporate and design internships attract tons of Skidmore applicants. Even better--some Skiddies usually make the cut! (Must be our brains and our fantastic fashion sense.) With the January 28th application deadline fast approaching, those of us hoping to score the internship can use all the help we can get. READ MORE

Elsa Nilert: Taking on Ralph Lauren and NY Fashion Week

By Emily Kaplan
December 14, 2013 - 11:58pm

Elsa Nilert, Skidmore student and Ralph Lauren intern HC: Tell me a little bit about what you did for Ralph Lauren. READ MORE

6 TV Characters We'd Want as Real Life BFFs

By Rachel Kashdan
December 14, 2013 - 10:00pm

Obviously we love our friends, but every once in a while we watch a TV show and wish one of the characters were part of our own friend group. Whether we’re convinced she’s our long-lost sister, think he’s hilarious, or know she’d always be there to help us out, we can’t help but hope that one day, they’ll jump from the screen right into our lives. Check out the top six TV characters that we’d love to call our BFFs.    Mindy Lahiri READ MORE

Get the Look: Blake Lively

By Sara Pion
December 14, 2013 - 4:00pm

Everyone has their celeb style icons, and for us collegiettes at Skidmore, ladies who rock the flowy frocks inspire us. Blake Lively, the ever-chic star of Gossip Girl, is one of those fashion icons. Want to get her style on a college student-budget? Check out our exclusive Her Campus “Get the Look” on one of Blake’s hottest ensembles. READ MORE

HC's Ultimate Workout Playlist

By Sophia Inkeles
December 14, 2013 - 12:47pm

Let’s be honest: sometimes getting yourself to the gym can be a struggle. As the weather gets chillier, those walks to the Sports Center might seem nearly impossible. But for those of you who make the trek and are determined to work out and do something good for yourself, music can make all the difference. Exercising to an upbeat workout playlist adds some fun to your routine and motivates you to finish that mile and do those extra squats. Try our top 20 favorite tracks to sweat to: “Leaving You” by Audien feat. Micheael S. READ MORE

Wafflefest

By Kate Moriarty
December 14, 2013 - 12:28pm

Amidst all of our overwhelming finals studying stress, the D-hall gods have given us our favorite gift of the season: Wafflefest! READ MORE

6 Best Winter Dates

By Ileana Paules-Bronet
December 14, 2013 - 12:15pm

The cold of winter—and of course, finals week—can make you want to do nothing but sit around at home under the covers with hot chocolate and a good dose of Netflix, but winter can also be a great time do go on some really cute dates! So don’t let the cold and the cram sessions get you down; think about how much fun you had during snow days in elementary school and channel that energy! Here at Her Campus Skidmore, we are all about coming up with creative dates for you and your sweetheart. Whether you just met or have been together for years, you’ll want to try these fun (and mostly inexpensive) ways to warm your spirits during the holiday season. READ MORE

Conor Molloy '14

By Leah Wolff
December 13, 2013 - 1:19pm

*/ READ MORE

How are you celebrating the end of classes?

By Kate Moriarty