Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

If Skidmore Were Sochi, These Would Be Our Games

By Remy Marin
February 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

Watching the Sochi Olympics can be inspiring, but it’s hard to pursue the dream when there are no luge or shuffleboard curling tracks in sight. Luckily, Skiddies are creative, and so our very own campus would be the perfect place to create a whole new array of games. Allow us to introduce you to the Skidlympics, your new favorite Sochi alternative. If the Skidlympics ever were to happen (fingers crossed for that 2022 bid!), these would be some of the crucial games: 1. Rolling down the hill in Northwoods. Or if you’re feeling really daring, the hill to Sussman. Double points if you don't break anything.   READ MORE

Which is your favorite type of Her Campus Skidmore content?

By Kate Moriarty

18 Favorite Looks of the 100 Days Dance

By Melissa Davis
February 15, 2014 - 10:00am

Last weekend seniors had the chance to celebrate the 100 Days Dance. We at HC Skidmore loved the variety of outfits we saw that boasted different colors, patterns, and materials.  We picked a few of our favorite looks and asked collegiettes where they got their outfits. Check them out:    Michelle Tarkulich – Forever 21 Vicky Janczyk – Topshop (Borrowed from Lee Ford’s closet)   READ MORE

Stella Langat: Winner of the Davis Projects for Peace

By Emily Kaplan
February 15, 2014 - 9:00am

Name: Stella Langat Year: Sophomore Major: Environmental Science, minor in Economics Hometown: Kenya, Africa   Her Campus (HC): Tell me about yourself. READ MORE

Paige Clark '14

By Melissa Davis
February 14, 2014 - 12:00pm

Name: Paige Clark Year: 2014 Major: Exercise Science, Art Minor Hometown: Your dreams Relationship Status: I wear green at stoplight parties Hobbies/Interests: Climbing trees, records, shouting, cheese… pretty much literally anything   Best pick-up line: Look at this face!   READ MORE

Accents Valentine's Day Singing Grams

By Kate Moriarty
February 12, 2014 - 12:00pm

Still not sure what to get your sweetheart, S.O., or BFF this Valentine's Day? Never fear, Skiddies; the Accents are here to help. While they won't be able to produce a 90s-worthy V-Day Mix quite as cool as the one pictured above, they will be lending their lovely siren songs to anyone desiring their services. In short, if you want the Accents to serenade your crush/roommate/worst enemy in public, all you have to do is ask (and cough up a little cash). Check out your choices: READ MORE

5 Favorite Unconventional V-Day Cards

By Sara Pion
February 12, 2014 - 7:00am

Valentine's Day is right around the corner and we’re getting our V-Day cards ready! Are you? If you haven't picked your perfect valentines yet--or are just in the mood for a lovey-dovey laugh--you need to take a peek at these prime picks. Here are a few of our favorite cards, guaranteed to get a giggle out of your valentine.   Can’t go wrong with a classic quote from a classic movie:     Maybe your crush is the smart type: READ MORE

10 Signs You're Addicted to Downton Abbey

By Kim Ohnemus
February 11, 2014 - 5:00pm

Downton Abbey has become a worldwide sensation, with 50 million viewers tuning in each week to watch the drama that unfolds for a British lord and his family in 1920s England. It’s easily the most entertaining show you can watch on PBS these days and we are OBSESSED. Are you? (WARNING: Major spoiler alert!) She may have been Professor McGonagall, but Maggie Smith is forever the Dowager Duchess of Grantham in your mind.   You’ve crafted a pros and cons list of hiring a sexy, socialist chauffer to drive you around and/or woo you. READ MORE

Who is your favorite Skidmore celebrity?

By Kate Moriarty

12 Ridiculously Flawed Love Lessons from Our Fave Rom-Coms

By Liz Estey
February 10, 2014 - 1:41pm

Rom-coms (a.k.a. romantic comedies, for those not in-the-know) have long been giving girls and women unrealistic expectations of men. With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, it’s time we take a look at the love lessons we’ve gleaned from our favorite chick flicks. As much as we all love a good girls’ night in, we can all admit that these movies are inherently flawed. (Warning: The following lessons are highly sarcastic and should not be considered a valid guide to your love life.) 1. When Harry Met Sally READ MORE