Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Best Saratoga Eats For Your Budget

By Remy Marin
April 17, 2014 - 8:04pm

Skidmore campus can sometimes feel like a bubble, and heading into town for a meal is a great way to mix things up. Skiddies know that Saratoga is filled with tasty restaurants, but picking one, especially when on a college budget, can be tricky. Here are our picks of the best eats for your budget to try next time you’re feeling adventurous. Best Weekend Breakfast Spot: Triangle Diner Country Corner is so last year. Triangle Diner is small, but the delicious specials and homemade bread are worth the wait. The portions are huge too, so you’ll have plenty of leftovers for an afternoon snack.  READ MORE

ELEMENT Fashion Show

By Remy Marin
April 16, 2014 - 8:00pm

Skiddies are incredibly talented, so it's always cool to check out the different showcases they have around campus. This weekend, one of my favorites is taking place - the annual ELEMENT Fashion Show. Inspired by Andy Warhol and The Factory, this year's show promises to be another intriguing display of student ability and creativity. The event is also now taking place at the Tang, which will make it that much more fun as there will be plenty of art and attractions to see there. The fashion show is free but there are only 120 spots so get your tickets fast. They are available this Monday-Thursday from 11am-5pm and on Friday from 11am-2pm at the Case Desk. Don't miss out on seeing this awesome show by forgetting to reserve your tickets early!...

10 Best Music Festivals

By Emily Kaplan
April 15, 2014 - 7:00pm

Summer is approaching sooner than we think, and we just can't help getting hyped about the weather finally becoming warm. In addition to the Skiddie ritual of throwing on a floral sundress and lounging on the green, this means it's the season of music festivals. There are so many, and the best ones happen all over the country. If you feel like channeling your inner '70's wild child, headbands, tutus and heart-shaped sunglasses included, check out this list of the top festivals to get excited about.  Coachella Where: Indio, CA When: April 11-13 Why: Located in the middle of the California desert, it is the ULTIMATE festival experience. The lineup always has a multitude of big name acts, and the sound system rocks....

What are you most looking forward to about spring at Skidmore?

By Remy Marin

Anne Gormley '15

By Remy Marin
April 14, 2014 - 7:00pm

The transition from winter to spring can be a tough time style-wise. Anne, a junor studio art major, shows us one way to appreciate the sunny weather without being too cold. Top: From a friend (s/o to Mirabel) Jacket: Gifted Pants: Free people Shoes: Durango   HC: How would you describe your style? READ MORE

Earth Day Festival

By Kate Moriarty
April 11, 2014 - 4:15pm

Now that the warm weather’s here, we can’t wait for our second favorite springtime event: the annual Earth Day Festival! Okay, so it isn’t as awesome as Fun Day, but we’ll take any excuse we can to chill on the South Green with the sun on our shoulders. Plus, if it means we can listen to great music, eat finger-licking good free food, and celebrate the springtime finally getting rid of all the snow, we’re on board! Prepare for free food: The Skidmore Beer Garden (bring your Campus Event Cards!) Chipotle Ben & Jerry's Comfort Kitchen Veggie Burgers Good tunes: READ MORE

Celeste Calderon: Environmental Science Student

By Emily Kaplan
April 10, 2014 - 5:00pm

Celeste is a sophomore who is pursuing her interest in environmental science. To learn more and give back to the community, she works with Gomez Veggie Farm for her sustainable agriculture class. Check her out!  Name: Celeste Calderon Year: 2016 Major: Environment Science, Spanish Hometown: San Diego, CA Her Campus (HC): Tell me about what you do for your sustainable agriculture class. READ MORE

15 Things We WON'T Miss About Winter

By Emily Kaplan
April 10, 2014 - 3:00pm

The endless winter seems to have FINALLY turned (fingers crossed). It was a rough one, and we didn’t even get a snow day as consolation, despite all our passive aggressive Instagram posts. Luckily, Fun Day is around the corner and the sun is actually melting the snow away, sure signs that spring is here. To celebrate the end of our hibernation, we’re counting all of the things that we WON’T miss about winter: 1. Being cold, obviously. 2. The Polar Vortex. 3. Snow in all forms (black ice, brown sludge, etc.) READ MORE

Ecem Alçın '14

By Kate Moriarty
April 7, 2014 - 6:47pm

Campus Cutie Ecem Alçın, Class of 2014 Name: Ecem Alçın Class Year: 2014 Major: Theatre Hometown: Istanbul, Turkey Hobbies: People watching, writing, photography, jewelry making, painting my nails in grandma colors, dreaming of my next meal READ MORE

Shahwar Salahuddin: Going Out Look

By Emily Kaplan
April 7, 2014 - 11:30am

Shahwar Salahuddin sporting a classic all-black ensemble for a night out. Top: Brandy Melville Skirt: Forever 21 Boots: Steve Madden Watch: Fossil Necklaces: Alex and Ani Bracelets: Alex and Ani and other small boutiques READ MORE