Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Becca McCourt '14

By Kate Moriarty
January 31, 2014 - 7:00pm

Becca McCourt '14 successfully balances the equestrian team with her killer skill-building business experiences. Find out how she does it--and what it can mean for you! What got you interested in business and finance? READ MORE

13 Hottest Players of Super Bowl XLVIII

By Leah Wolff
January 31, 2014 - 6:41pm

Whether you love it or love to miss it, the Super Bowl is here.  While some Skiddie girls adore it and count down to the holy day, others spend the game snacking and pretending to be excited by touchdowns.  For those less interested ladies, we at HC have provided some incentive to watch: a little harmless man candy.  Check out the hottest active players (in no particular hotness order) on the Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos. The Super Bowl may be worth the watch after all... even if we do have to wait for them to take off their helmets.   Seahawks: READ MORE

Chowderfest

By Kate Moriarty
January 29, 2014 - 2:00pm

It's wintertime in Saratoga Springs, which means we need all the comfort food we can get to warm up in chilly weather. Enter Chowderfest, the city's annual nom-fest that features dozens of different savory soups. Visit participating restaurants, grab your $1 three-ounce samples, and vote! Ballots will be available at each restaurant, so taste them all, pick your favorites, and cast your vote at the Saratoga Springs City Center or Saratoga Visitor Center! Which restaurant has served your favorite chowders in years past? Tell us in the comments! READ MORE

Seth Johnstone '14

By Kate Moriarty
January 27, 2014 - 9:00am

Seth Johnstone '14 Name: Seth Johnstone Class Year: 2014 Major: English & Gender Studies Hometown: Portland, OR Hobbies: Hiking, Biking, Spoken Word Poetry, Music. Relationship Status: In a relationship   Describe your ultimate dream date. Hiking to a remote waterfall in a jungle, eating a great picnic, and cliff jumping.   READ MORE

What It's Like to Be in a Long-Distance Relationship

By Emily Kaplan
January 23, 2014 - 3:00pm

We either love it or hate it. It’s the LDR (long-distance relationship). Now that we've just returned from winter break, lots of us are leaving behind our love buddies back home. (Just in time for Valentine's Day, conveniently.) Whether he or she goes to another college or is still stuck in high school, the absence is rough. No one can tell you what your LDR will be like--or whether it's worth it--but it never hurts to hear how it worked out for your fellow collegiettes. READ MORE

What's the best way to celebrate winter in Saratoga?

By Kate Moriarty

What It's Like to Be a Skidmore Freshman

By Sara Pion
January 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

For all of you collegiettes who forget what it was like your freshman year of college, here is a little refresher! Hopefully it will bring up memories—maybe good, some bad, mostly embarrassing. We sat down with Skidmore freshmen and asked them: What is it like to be a Skidmore freshman? Lindsay Ophel: It’s a good time! My motto is “Fake it ‘til you make it!” Maddi Reynolds: Hard! It’s like being a high school freshman, but we’re done with puberty. READ MORE

Ralph Lauren Resumania

By Kate Moriarty
January 21, 2014 - 10:00am

Are YOU applying for the Summer 2014 Ralph Lauren Corporate Internship? Every year, the company's corporate and design internships attract tons of Skidmore applicants. Even better--some Skiddies usually make the cut! (Must be our brains and our fantastic fashion sense.) With the January 28th application deadline fast approaching, those of us hoping to score the internship can use all the help we can get. READ MORE

Elsa Nilert: Taking on Ralph Lauren and NY Fashion Week

By Emily Kaplan
December 14, 2013 - 11:58pm

Elsa Nilert, Skidmore student and Ralph Lauren intern HC: Tell me a little bit about what you did for Ralph Lauren. READ MORE

6 TV Characters We'd Want as Real Life BFFs

By Rachel Kashdan
December 14, 2013 - 10:00pm

Obviously we love our friends, but every once in a while we watch a TV show and wish one of the characters were part of our own friend group. Whether we’re convinced she’s our long-lost sister, think he’s hilarious, or know she’d always be there to help us out, we can’t help but hope that one day, they’ll jump from the screen right into our lives. Check out the top six TV characters that we’d love to call our BFFs.    Mindy Lahiri READ MORE