Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

6 Post-Grad Cities to Start Researching Now

By Leah Wolff
February 7, 2014 - 8:09pm

Whether you’re applying to grad schools, looking for jobs/internships, or just ready to try some new scenery, now is the time to start researching post-grad location. As much as we’d rather not think about graduation right now, city searching can be a fun way to get excited about our unknown future! We’ve provided a brief guide on some major U.S. cities to get the process started (but don’t hesitate to look internationally too!). New York, NY Pros: Job opportunities, culture, night life READ MORE

Madeleine Welsch of WSPN

By Emily Kaplan
February 7, 2014 - 7:47pm

Madeleine Welsch '17 Name: Madeleine Welsch Year: Freshman Major: Visual Art with Environmental Studies Minor Hometown: Hardwick, MA   Tell us a little bit about your station. READ MORE

7 Ways to Stay Warm This Week

By Liz Estey
February 7, 2014 - 7:36pm

February is the month that reminds us all we chose to go to school in upstate New York. It’s hard to get to class in weather like this, but we have a few suggestions for how to warm up—and stay warm. 1. Hot beverages Some of us dyed-in-the-wool New Englanders drink iced coffee year round; maybe don’t do that. With temperatures below zero, give hot cocoa, hot tea, or hot coffee a shot. It just might warm you up. 2. Fleece leggings READ MORE

Iliyan Vlasakov '14

By Kate Moriarty
February 3, 2014 - 12:00pm

Iliyan Vlasakov '14 Name: Iliyan Vlasakov Class Year: 2014 Major: History and Pre-Med Hometown: Varna, Bulgaria Hobbies: Basketball and FIFA Relationship Status: In a Relationship READ MORE

What are you most excited about this Super Bowl Sunday?

By Kate Moriarty

Annabelle Kirk '17

By Danielle Ostrove
February 1, 2014 - 11:14am

Annabelle Kirk '17 Dress from Forever 21 and shoes from Dolce Vita Rushing to and from class seems to be on the forefront of everyone’s minds these days. Obviously, this should be of the utmost importance since we're here at Skidmore to learn, but why not wear a killer outfit even on your most hectic of days? First year student Annabelle Kirk shows us how it’s done.   READ MORE

Becca McCourt '14

By Kate Moriarty
January 31, 2014 - 7:00pm

Becca McCourt '14 successfully balances the equestrian team with her killer skill-building business experiences. Find out how she does it--and what it can mean for you! What got you interested in business and finance? READ MORE

13 Hottest Players of Super Bowl XLVIII

By Leah Wolff
January 31, 2014 - 6:41pm

Whether you love it or love to miss it, the Super Bowl is here.  While some Skiddie girls adore it and count down to the holy day, others spend the game snacking and pretending to be excited by touchdowns.  For those less interested ladies, we at HC have provided some incentive to watch: a little harmless man candy.  Check out the hottest active players (in no particular hotness order) on the Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos. The Super Bowl may be worth the watch after all... even if we do have to wait for them to take off their helmets.   Seahawks: READ MORE

Chowderfest

By Kate Moriarty
January 29, 2014 - 2:00pm

It's wintertime in Saratoga Springs, which means we need all the comfort food we can get to warm up in chilly weather. Enter Chowderfest, the city's annual nom-fest that features dozens of different savory soups. Visit participating restaurants, grab your $1 three-ounce samples, and vote! Ballots will be available at each restaurant, so taste them all, pick your favorites, and cast your vote at the Saratoga Springs City Center or Saratoga Visitor Center! Which restaurant has served your favorite chowders in years past? Tell us in the comments! READ MORE

Seth Johnstone '14

By Kate Moriarty
January 27, 2014 - 9:00am

Seth Johnstone '14 Name: Seth Johnstone Class Year: 2014 Major: English & Gender Studies Hometown: Portland, OR Hobbies: Hiking, Biking, Spoken Word Poetry, Music. Relationship Status: In a relationship   Describe your ultimate dream date. Hiking to a remote waterfall in a jungle, eating a great picnic, and cliff jumping.   READ MORE