Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

31 Awesome Electives to Take Next Fall

By Kate Moriarty
March 23, 2014 - 2:49pm

Not sure which classes to take next fall? Of course, you'll want to get major requirements and Gen. Eds. out of the way (how thrilling...), but there's always a little extra room for electives. Luckily, this fall's electives look better than ever, so we scoped out some of the coolest ones for your pre-registration pleasure. Obviously, there are plenty of other awesome classes that didn't make the list--we simply chose intro-level or the occasional 200-level course since those are the easiest for non-majors to access. Take a peek at our top choices; you might just stumble upon a course that strikes your fancy! AA201 001 Foundations of Arts Administration READ MORE

Marky Ramone Speaks at Skidmore

By Kate Moriarty
March 22, 2014 - 8:52pm

Love the Ramones? So do we. That's why we're so excited about the upcoming Speakers Bureau/Skidmore SEC event: Marky Ramone is coming to speak at Skidmore! The event will be held in Gannett, and admission is free to the public. If you lose out on a seat, don't fret; there will be a simulcast in Davis Auditorium next door to accommodate all us fangirling Skiddies. Best known for his 15-year drumming career for the Ramones, Marky undoubtedly has some seriously awesome stories to tell. Don't miss it! READ MORE

Whitney Packer '15

By Remy Marin
March 22, 2014 - 5:04pm

Top: American Eagle. Pants: BDG. Scarf: Hand-knitted by my grandmother. Shoes: Dansko clogs (haven't taken them off since I bought them). How would you describe your style? My style is uniquely me; I try to find clothes that I feel comfortable and confident in. Most of my clothes are darker colors and earth tones so when I put outfits together I like to add a pop of color like I did with the scarf today. What's your go-to class style? READ MORE

Emma Goldberg Liu '14: Classical and Opera Singer

By Kate Moriarty
March 22, 2014 - 4:54pm

Emma Goldberg Liu loves music--and she has the voice and CV to prove it! As president and co-musical director of the Dynamics, member of the Vocal Chamber Ensemble and Skidmore Community Chorus, and previous member of the Cabaret troupe, Emma is no stranger to the spotlight. See her senior recital tonight at 8 p.m. in Zankel, and in the meantime, learn more about her music! Name: Emma Goldberg Liu Class Year: 2014 Majors/Minors: Music and French double major READ MORE

Free Swag from Her Campus!

By Kate Moriarty
March 21, 2014 - 9:00am

We love being a part of Her Campus for so many reasons--it would be tough to count them all, let's be honest--but free swag is definitely high on our list! As a special thank you for all of our hard work, the lovely ladies at HC national teamed up with some amazing partners to bring us Spring Break Survival Kits! The kits are chock full of free swag; everything from hair products to sweet drinks to Chipotle gift cards! (Yes, you heard that right. Free. Chipotle. Cue saliva.) It made our week away and our snowy return to Skidmore so much more fun. READ MORE

Why Juan Pablo Might Be the Worst Bachelor

By Emily Kaplan
March 19, 2014 - 2:00am

You hate yourself for watching it, but it's a guilty pleasure. The latest season of The Bachelor just wrapped up, and we can't help but admit that we followed and indulged in the adventures, laughs, and tears. Although we love Juan Pablo--and his accent--we got a reality check from Andi about Juan Pablo and the show itself. We seem to get side-swept by the little daughter (Camila) that he has, thinking that a father as sweet as he is couldn't be capable of evil. What can we say; we love to hate the bachelor. But, this season’s of The Bachelor has made several concerns more visible. We saw the TRUE colors of Juan Pablo, and we weren't falling head over heels. Here's why: READ MORE

Sam Christiansen '15

By Melissa Davis
March 18, 2014 - 7:24pm

Name: Sam Christiansen Year: 2015 Major: Business/Economics Hometown: Pine C, NY Relationship Status: Single but too lazy to text Hobbies/Interests: Americone Dream Ice Cream, club hockey, sleeping, and ignoring Clark Demos whenever he’s talking. Favorite chick flick? Mean Girls is pretty fetch I guess. If you could have one superpower what would it be and why? READ MORE

The Top 15 Study Abroad Transition Problems

By Remy Marin
March 18, 2014 - 9:00am

Let’s get real: going abroad is scary. I spent months leading up to my trip worrying about adjusting to a new country and wondering whether I would like it. Turns out, European travel is the easy part; the real challenge is coming back to Skidmore. Even after the jet lag passes, you have to deal with: READ MORE

What did you miss most about Skidmore/Saratoga Springs during break?

By Kate Moriarty

Pick It or Skip It: Spring Break Drinks That Won't Wreck Your Diet

By Sara Pion
March 8, 2014 - 9:00am

Spring break has finally arrived, and we hope all you collegiettes are spending the week somewhere warm! (Or recreating the sun and surf feel with home-blended piña coladas, at least.) Still, with so much fun to be had, the last thing we 21+ collegiettes want to be worrying about is how our fruity, frozen drinks are affecting our waistlines. Spring break is like one week-long cheat day, to be fair, but if you're hoping not to stray too far from a diet, it can't hurt to cut calories the easy way: by drinking even more delicious substitutes! Find out which drinks to pick and which drinks to skip; after all, you worked hard for that bikini bod! Advice courtesy of one of HC Skidmore's licensed bartenders! Skip:...