Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Which nominated film do you think should win the Oscar for Best Picture?

By Kate Moriarty

Local Music Night

By Kate Moriarty
February 26, 2014 - 10:00am

In case you're still in the mood for more Falstaff's fun--after an action-packed past few weeks--we've got the perfect event for you. This Friday at 9:00 p.m.m Falstaff's will open its doors to local bands Hand Habits and Soft Powers for your listening pleasure! Hosted by WSPN and Lively Lucy's, this event is the perfect opportunity to get a taste of local flavor (without having to endure the DJs and Club MINE). READ MORE

8 Must-See Romantic Movies in Theaters

By Leah Wolff
February 25, 2014 - 9:00am

Whether you celebrated with a special someone or proudly alone, Valentine’s Day left a little love in the air.  Lucky for us, this love came in the form of a top notch box-office line-up (and by top notch we mean extra romantic, extra emotional, obviously).  It’s been far too long since we’ve seen some decent chick flicks hit the big screen, but finally they’re all coming to us at once!  Grab your gal pals because there are plenty of mushy movies out now, as well as some future ones to get excited about. In Theaters: Labor Day - In Theaters READ MORE

Russell Bollag-Miller '16

By Liz Estey
February 23, 2014 - 5:20pm

Name: Russell Bollag-Miller Class Year: 2016 Major: Advanced Mathematics Hometown: Southie Hobbies: Reading, writing on mirrors, janitoring Relationship Status: Gotta see about a girl   Tell us something about yourself that would surprise people. READ MORE

10 Hottest American Olympians

By Melissa Davis
February 22, 2014 - 1:01pm

In case you needed 10 more reasons to watch the Olympics this week, check out our 10 favorite, hottest American Olympians! They may not win gold in Sochi, but they'll always win gold in our hearts. READ MORE

Remy Marin '15: Interview Outift

By Emily Kaplan
February 22, 2014 - 9:00am

As summer is approaching and we are all getting ready for those internships (or jobs, for you seniors out there!), we keep hearing the question of what is “business casual” floating around. We all struggle with this question because we don’t normally dress like this on a day-to-day basis. Junior Remy Marin shows us how it’s done before her internship interview and shares some advice for pulling it off yourself! READ MORE

Jess DeTorres: Nail Art Guru

By Melissa Davis
February 20, 2014 - 10:00am

Jess DeTorres '14 Her Campus: How long have you been doing nail designs? Jess DeTorres: I started sophomore year of college, so a little over two years. READ MORE

Falstaff's Fundraiser

By Kate Moriarty
February 19, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

Nicole Beloyianis '14

By Kate Moriarty
February 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

Name: Nicole Beloyianis Class Year: 2014 Major: French Hometown: NYC Hobbies: Restaurant-going, recipe-reading, experimenting with food Relationship Status: In a relationship   What’s your spirit animal and why? READ MORE

Top 10 Pros and Cons of Graduating Early

By Remy Marin
February 17, 2014 - 3:00pm

Four years is a long time, and especially during the crucial college years, a lot can change in that span. By the time senior year rolls around, a lot of Skidmore collegiettes find themselves feeling burnt out and anxious to move on. And instead of biding their time, some are even dealing with this problem by graduating a semester early. This can be an intimidating decision to make. There’s a lot of pressure on senior year to be full of crazy moments and lasting memories, and that’s not always easy to give up. However, finishing in the fall also has a lot of benefits that shouldn’t be ignored. Though this decision isn’t right for everyone, it’s certainly worth considering the pros and cons of early graduation as the end of college nears....